France's center-right government has launched a national debate about what it means to be French. The discussion on national identity is being described as a way for citizens to take stock of who they are and of France's place in the world. Critics a

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

France is investigating a car bomb that took place outside the French embassy in the Libya capital Tripoli. Two French guards and several residents have been injured in Tuesday's attack. French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius has flown out to Tripoli

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

French lawmakers have voted to legalize same-sex marriage despite protests from conservative opponents. The nation's lower house approved a marriage bill, which will also give same-sex couples the right to adopt. However, opponents, including the UMP

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

In the late eighteenth century, battles raged in almost every corner of Europe, as well as in the Middle East, south Africa ,the West Indies, and Latin America. In reality, however, there was only one

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(161) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方现代文背诵篇章

France, Algeria: Two Lenses on the Past Algeria's war of independence from France has been retold many times - in movies and in history books on both sides of the Mediterranean. Today, the French Army Museum in Paris offers the latest narrative - cas

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(七月)

In the late eighteenth century, battles raged in almost every corner of Europe, as well as in the Middle East, south Africa ,the West Indies, and Latin America. In reality, however, there was only one major war during this time, the war between Brita

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 考研背诵50篇

The Villa is one of the few places on the Riviera where you can tour a grand Belle Epoque mansion. It was built for the Baroness Ephrussi de Rothschild in the early 1900s. She supervised and directed

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 其他文化

Lisa Bryant In just over a week, more than a dozen world leaders and thousands of World War II veterans will pack the beaches and villages of northwestern France to commemorate the 60th anniversary of

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--国际时事

US, France Increase Troop Strength in Haiti Capital Jim Teeple U.S. and French troops in Haiti say they are increasing troop strength at friction points in the capital, Port-au-Prince . U.S. Marines t

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--各类新闻

France says humanitarian aid and not military intervention should be the priority in dealing with the violence in Libya, amid stepped-up efforts by the Libyan opposition to oust the nation's long-time leader, Moammar Gadhafi. In a television intervie

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(三月)

By Lisa Bryant Paris 10 October 2007 France's first museum showcasing the country's history of immigration has opened in Paris - to a storm of controversy. Lisa Bryant has more on the immigration debate from the French capital. Located in eastern Par

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

PARIS, June 22 (Xinhua) -- Disgraced Johan Bruyneel, Lance Armstrong's former manager who now coached the RadioShack cycling team, said Friday that he will skip this year's Tour de France. I want to be there, but in the light of recent allegations by

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

PARIS, Nov. 20 (Xinhua) -- Over half people in France are worried about losing home, with 12 percent saying it's very possible, which is three times more than the level of two years ago, according to a recent poll. Emmaus, homelessness charity organ

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(19) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Todd: So, Mike, you were born in Europe, but grew up in Canada. Have you been back to Europe? Mike: Yeah, uh, I've been back to Europe on a couple of occasions. The first time, I guess I went back to Europe was in 1989, 1990, when I went to visit my

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

In a first for France, the Paris prosecutor's office has opened a probe into the management practices of French telecommunications giant France Telecom. The probe follows a wave of worker suicides at the company that has riveted the country. For some

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(四)月

Initial results of an investigation into last month's Air France crash over the Atlantic find the aircraft plunged into the ocean at high speed. French investigators also say they are far from establishing the cause of the crash and the investigatio

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(七月)

Most members of Congress signed the Declaration on August 2, 1776. Its author signed the paper Th Jefferson. After signing, he was ready to go home. He missed his family. Besides, he felt he was needed in Virginia. He quit his seat in Congress on Sep

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was

France has launched a groundbreaking program to educate future imams and Muslim chaplains about the country and its values. The goal: to put a French stamp on Islam, the second largest religion in France. 法国启动了一个具有开创性的项目,

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年3月

France will host the climate summit in Paris in December, which is largely expected to result in a global and binding agreement on addressing climate change. During their meeting, the two leaders have called for an enhanced transparency system to bui

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

Todd: So Layla, we're talking about food in France and in the U.S. So in France what do you like best about French food? Because French food is quite famous around the world. What makes French food so famous? Layla: For me I think the best thing is t

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂