Now, the VOA Learning English program Words and Their Stories. On this program we talk about common expressions and phrases in American English. Today, grab your poles and bait. We are going fishing! Fishing is a popular outdoor activity you can do i

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(224) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(八)月

The World's Favorite Fish Dish Sushi,我的菜! by Jessica Isaacs Nowadays, sushi is popular everywhere from upscale restaurants to household kitchens. However, the methods used in the preparation of sushi today were _(1)_ a way in which some Sou

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤解析英语

This Short Story The Foolish Fish is quite interesting to all the people. Enjoy reading this story. In a huge pond, there lived many fish. They were arrogant and never listened to anyone. In this pond, there also lived a kind-hearted crocodile. He ad

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

The Fisherman and the little fish 渔夫和小鱼 There once was a fisherman who lived in a little house by the ocean. He fished every day to feed his family. One day, he caught nothing except one small fish. This isn't much, thought the fisherman, b

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

讲解文本: have bigger fish to fry 另有要事 Sorry I can't stay here, I have bigger fish to fry. 不好意思我不能呆在这,我还有其他事情要处理。 Tom asked me to go to a movie with him, but I told him I have bigger fish to f

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

I think fish are the most interesting creatures on the planet. They are absolutely fascinating. I love their different shapes, colours, social behaviour, everything. I can watch tropical fish in my aquarium for hours. Even the tiny little fish are so

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-F

Mike was ready for bed. It was 11 o'clock. He had to get up early the next day. The next day he was going fishing. Fish wake up early. They look for food early in the day. They look for food late in the day. The best time to fish is early or late in

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第1级听力-English Level 1

生活大爆炸第一季第四集_2: The Luminous Fish Effect Well, that was fun. 刚刚很好玩呀。 Maybe tomorrow we can go to one of those big warehouse stores. 也许明天我们能一起去那种仓储式商店。 -Penny:Oh, I don't know, S

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 生活大爆炸第一季

DEVELOPMENT REPORT - Do-It-Yourself: Preparing Fish for Drying or Smoking By Bob Bowen Broadcast: Monday, November 07, 2005 I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English Development Report. Most of the

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. People in a community on the Pacific coast in Southern California awoke last week to a sea of dead fish. About eight hundred fifty sailboats and powerboats come and go from the marina at King Harbor

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Fish Use Whole Bodies When They Eat Fish are animals that live in the water. They are also vertebrates animals that have a backbone and a spine. They have gills that permit them to take oxygen from the water. But have you ever wondered how vertebrate

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(七)月

AS IT IS 2016-08-17 Fine Feared Too Small for Dead Fish Damage in Vietnam Observers and activists in Vietnam are concerned about a fine against a foreign-owned steel factory for polluting ocean waters along the coast. The observers and activists say

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Scientists say that omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil can help people with heart disease live longer. But until now, no one knew why omega-3 oils are so beneficial. This is what coronary artery disease looks like. Plaque builds up inside the coronary a

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

The Asian game is held in Korea, all the best players in Asia are competing for the honor, every day, we can see many excellent matches. I like to see swimming match so much, the players swim so fast just like the fish. Recently, a boy named Ning Zet

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Christopher wants a pet. He likes fish. Fish are easy to take care of. Fish are pretty. Christopher thinks he is responsible enough too. He decides to go to the pet store himself. He buys a fish. It is small. It is red and black. It swims slowly. Chr

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第2级听力-English Level 2

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Mercury in Fish / Life on Land / The Goldman Environmental Prize By Broadcast: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 (THEME) VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English. I'm B

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(191) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

AGRICULTURE REPORT - U.S. Seeks to Increase Ocean Fish Farming By Mario Ritter Broadcast: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 I'm Gwen Outen with the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. Most fish farming invol

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

今天给大家介绍的新词是cellfish,细心的你也许马上就知道它的意思了。cellfish的读音与selfish(自私)相同,左半部cell的意思是手机。没错!cellfish的意思就是在不该打电话(手机)的地方打电

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

Lesson 256 The fish is rich in oil. 1.The fish is rich in oil.这种鱼脂肪很多。 2.This area is rich in coal.这一地区蕴藏着丰富的煤矿。 3.It's rich in natural resources.这里自然资源丰富。 4.He's rich in experiences.他经历

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛傻瓜机口语极短句

The issue garnered widespread attention after a tourist named Chen Yan claimed he was charged over 10-thousand yuan for a feast at a restaurant featuring wild fish. Chen posted the bill to his Sina Weibo account, showing the price of the Huso sturgeo

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台