影片对白 Annie: Walter, there is something I have to tell you. Walter: So he could be on top of the empire state building now. Annie: No, I guess he could be. No. It's not him, Walter, it's me. I can't do this. Walter: Look, Annie, I love you. But,

发表于:2018-12-09 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

Language Points It sounded like cats jumping off the Empire State Building. I'm going to reach out with a hook if you don't shut up. That was extraordinary. Unfortunately, extraordinary bad! You have just invented a new form of torture. If you had li

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 爆笑英语口语

Moderator: Ladies and Gentlemen: The President of the United States, Ronald Reagan. President Reagan: Thank you. Thank you very much. Thank you very much. Thank you very much. Thank you very much. And, Reverend Clergy all, Senator Hawkins, distinguis

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 美国百大经典演讲

In Vail Arizona, outside Tucson, a new school with a new idea: no textbooks, instead, every student at Empire High School, all 330 of them, has a loaner laptop for the year. While other students might read in books, Empire students will read on their

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

B: (On Saturday) Reggie: Here we are! Mary's Father: He lives here? Reggie: (Saying to the man who has come to answer the door) Mr. Workhard, this is my friend Mr. Scare! Workhard: How do you do! Reggie: Mr. Scare is interested in the Trenton and Atl

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 王强口语 第一册

The following day I was back on the road, heading across the desert. This is a part of Sudan beyond the reach of the river where little can survive. I was traveling to a region that was once home to the ancient Nile civilization now known as Nubia, i

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2015年

今天我们要学的词是disgruntled. Disgruntled 是不满意的,不高兴的。A disgruntled former employee opened fire near New York's Empire State Building, leaving two dead and nine injured. 一名心怀不满的下岗职员在纽约帝国大

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many months of struggle and suffering. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victo

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

模仿文本: Remarkable scoreline, remarkable game. Bayern Munich 4, Barcelona 0. Bayern Munich were magnificent, Barcelona just helpless and humiliated. It was strange to see such a great team we've all admired so much in recent years dismissed a

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

And they put it into this tank here. Now this tank has already got water in it. So as they pour the olive oil in, it flows to the surface, all of the impurities go down to the bottom. And see this little trench here? A vital piece of gourmet equipmen

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力:文化博览2008年

Just like the people of modern Istanbul, the Byzantines loved fresh bread and fresh vegetables. While the bread,at least the grain for it, they brought from their province of Egypt, the vegetables they grew themselves, in little plots beside their

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力:文化博览2008年

This was once a marble square on a highway at the middle of Constantinople. I didnt suppose the Turks on modern Istanbul think much about ancient Byzantine victories. Yet, therere still some fragments here of that great memorial column that made it a

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力:文化博览2008年

Southwest of Istanbul, three days sailing on an ancient slave ship, is the Isle of Marmara, its very name in stone. In the first centuries of Byzantium, slaves in their tens of thousands worked in these marble hills. How the Byzantines love marble! I

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力:文化博览2008年

Such mysterious cargos, such magic marbles from across the empire, now sailed the seas and came to the holy city of Byzantium to be gathered up upon the site of the imperial communion. This is the finished dream, the tense climax of all of ancient en

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力:文化博览2008年

How long will I have to wait? Could you take me to the Statue of Liberty? How much would it cost to Golden Gate bridge? Could we stop at a cashpoint? Please switch the meter on. Is the meter switched on? Do you mind if I open the window? Are we alm

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

Caesar Augustus 凯撒奥古斯都 Many consider Augustus to be Rome's greatest emperor; his policies certainly extended the Empire's life span and initiated the celebrated Pax Romana or Pax Augusta. He was intelligent,decisive,and a shrewd politic

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was

DNA Wrath of Khan 成吉思汗疯狂的基因 Today, Afghanistan is a war-torn region, battled over by military forces and world-spanning empire s . Eight hundred years ago things were much the same. Only then, there was only one ruler: Genghis Khan.

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Each man stands inside his own mysterious inner space, for each one of them was occupied. And from that space they look outwards, from the soul towards the heavens. As you might expect, if you should move around them, solid bulk of marble in the huma

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力:文化博览2008年

By now, the empire was larger than Rome. It stretched from Morocco in the west to the Indus River in the east where the border of India is today. How had it happened that so small an army could conquer an area so large, so fast, so easily? Islams suc

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力:文化博览2008年

Last week we learned a little about Germany. Today, we will learn about a country that is close by, Italy. You probably know already that this country of sixty million people has been a major(our) influence on Western civilization. So, what is Italy

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English