At the recently concluded session of the UN Human Rights Council, the U.S. played a key role in shaping the international response to urgent human rights situations. 在最近结束的联合国人权理事会上,美国在为国际社会如何应对紧

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(7月)

For people living in former conflict zones, war may not end for years after the last shot has been fired and the peace agreement is signed. For example, landmines and unexploded munitions, remnants of the war between the Revolutionary Armed Forces of

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(四月)

AS IT IS 2016-10-15 21 International Day of the Girl Brings Attention to Child Marriage, Education 国际女童日关注通婚和教育 The International Day of the Girl was observed in the United States and a number of other countries earlier this w

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(十)月

IFAD Head Calls for People Investment 国际农发基金呼吁更多投资 The head of the International Fund for Agricultural Development says Africas greatest resource is its people. He calls on leaders to heavily invest in their workforce or risk

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(六月)

Wearable Technology Dominates Taiwan Expo 可穿戴技术主导台北国际电脑展 Asias biggest tech trade show, Computex Taipei, is often seen as a good source of signs about the latest technology trends. This year, the signs all point toward wea

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(六月)

国际间可能就伊朗核项目再次展开谈判 With a looming threat from Israel of military action against Iran, Iranian and international diplomats are expected to try again in coming weeks after a seven-month hiatus to open negotiations over

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2013年1月

伊朗希望迎来国际游客增加收入 The deal struck between Iran and six world powers over its nuclear program should see sanctions against the country beginning to ease by next year and Iranians are hoping the lifting of travel restrictions c

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2015年8月

A: Hello. Is everything OK, there? 你好。一切都还好吧? B: I'm having a little trouble with this form. 我在填这张表时遇到了一个小麻烦。 A: What seems to be the problem? 有什么问题吗? B: There are two types of L/C her

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 银行英语情景口语

A: Hello, Sir. How can we help you today? 您好,先生。今天我们如何为您效劳? B: I need to find out some more information for L/C. I would like an outline of responsibilities, both ours, yours and the beneficiary, please. 我需要了解

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 银行英语情景口语

A: Hello, there. What can we do for you today? 您好。今天我们可以为您做些什么吗? B: I received some leaflets in the post from you, one of them talked about a new service you have where you can transfer money between this bank and se

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 银行英语情景口语

A: Good morning, Sir. Are you here to get some advice about our new Personal Financing Program? 早上好,先生。您是来咨询有关我们的新的个人理财业务的吧? B: I am indeed. What can you tell me? 的确如此。你能告诉我些什

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 银行英语情景口语

A: Hello. May I help you? 您好。我可以帮助您吗? B: Hi. Last month, our company, Turner Interiors of Beijing, ordered some documents under our new L/C. What I want to do is check and see if the documents have arrived yet. 你好。上个月,

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 银行英语情景口语

More International College Students Staying to Work in US The United States has long been considered to be among the best places in the world for higher education. For several years now, the number of international students attending U.S. colleges an

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Experts: Slow International Response Contributed to Rise of Boko Haram 专家称国际缓慢反应造就今日博科圣地 WASHINGTON Experts say a slow international response to Boko Haram's crimes in Nigeria has contributed to its rise from a group

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(六月)

CES Shows Off Technology Trends for 2016 2016年国际消费类电子产品展览会(CES)展示技术趋势 Walking among the myriad expo booths at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, one can get a pretty good idea of what lies ahead in the w

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(一月)

Pakistan Moves to Contain Polio Virus after Travel Sanctions 国际旅行禁令后巴基斯坦开始遏制脊髓灰质炎病毒蔓延 RAWALPINDI, PAKISTAN Pakistan is moving quickly to try to contain the polio virus after the World Health Organizatio

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(五月)

国际危机失控 舆论促奥巴马总统果断应对 From too cautious to too slow, there has been no shortage of criticism for President Barack Obama's foreign policy decision-making, as world crises from Iraq to Ukraine seemingly ratchet out of

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2014年9月

美国希望国际联手打击伊斯兰国 U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is leading diplomatic efforts to build an international coalition against Islamic State militants responsible for killing civilians across Syria and Iraq. 美国国务卿克里

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2014年9月

Groups Rally Support for ICC 团体集会支持国际刑事法院 Some 130 groups from across Africa are calling on governments to reaffirm their support for the International Criminal Court based in The Hague. Theyve released an open letter in advan

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十月)

Todd: OK, Adrienne we are going to talk about your family. How many people are in your family? Adrienne: In my immediate family, there are four of us: my mother, father and my younger sister and I. Todd: OK, and now do you see each other a lot. I mea

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂