AS IT IS 2015-12-29 A Look Back on Health, Lifestyle in 2015 回顾2015年健康的生活方式 Hello and welcome to the Health Lifestyle year in review. As 2015 comes to an end, we look at the stories that you, our audience, found interesting and us

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(466) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Men find thinner women attractive because they associate their body shape with youth, fertility and a lower risk of disease. 男人们总觉得纤瘦的女性迷人,这是因为男性把体型和年轻、生育能力还有患病风险低联系在一起

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

I go to a health club two or three times a week to stay in shape and stay fit. On Mondays and Wednesdays, I run several miles on a treadmill and then cool down by walking around the indoor track. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I lift weights and discuss

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 社会—In the Community

Todd: So, Julia, let's talk about types of people. Julia: OK. Todd: Right, first one, are you a fitness freak? Julia: A fitness freak? I'm fairly fit but I'm not a freak. No, I'm not a fitness freak, no. Todd: So you exercise but it's not like you do

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

Bike-to-Work Day is held every year across North America on the third Friday of May. It was started by the League of American Bicyclists in 1956. Its aim is to promote the bicycle as a serious choice of getting to and from work. In today's world wher

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 世界节假日博览

Since November 2009, it has been illegal to use a mobile phone while driving. This includes making phone calls, answering phone calls and texting. Hands-free phones are legal; however, they can also distract drivers. A driver needs to pay attention 1

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

In a bid to boost fitness, new park benches in Moscow will let sitters see their weight and receive health tips. Dina Fine Maron reports 为了推动人们健身,莫斯科公园新的长椅会让坐的人看到他们的体重,并接受健康建议。

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

Apples New Spaceship Headquarters Almost Complete 苹果公司新的太空飞船总部将近完工 Apple is nearing completion of its new spaceship headquarters in northern California. The company has been secretive about the project, just as it is a

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(二)月

How to Learn More Words In English, we have a saying that goes, Use it or lose it. It means that if you do not continue to use a skill, you might lose the ability to do so. We can say this about language learning, including learning new words. If you

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

AS IT IS 2015-07-02 Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis Less Likely to Spread 耐药结核病传播的可能性较小 The number of multi-drug-resistant tuberculosis cases is rising. Multi-drug-resistant TB results from a bacterium a group of small living th

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Older Athletes, Lower Fitness Age 新研究显示运动让你更年轻! Is there a way to turn back the clock on your age? A new study says yes. Exercise can make you younger. At least it can lower your fitness age that is the measure of how well you

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十)月

公司高管Peter,Jason和Helen开会讨论员工保健项目。大家都赞成把地下室改成健身中心。然而,Peter提出了一个棘手的问题。 P: Now comes the sensitive partsetting standards and setting penalties for non-complianc

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

I really need to lose some weight. 我真的需要减肥了。 Why don't you attend an aerobic class? 你为什么不去参加一个有氧健身班呢? It might be a good idea to join a fitness center. 您可以参加健身俱乐部。 You need to

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语就该这么说

端午节马上就要到啦!相信不少人此刻已经陆陆续续吃上香喷喷的粽子了。最近也经常看到街上到处卖香囊的小贩。在中国的南方,更加盛行一种另外的庆祝方式,那就是赛龙舟了。 龙舟赛是

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

Todd: So, Monica, you are actually a trained physical education teacher Monica: Yes, that's right. Todd: So, we often hear about how kids today are not fit, and they don't exercise enough. Do you think that's true? Monica: I think it is true, yes. I

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Starting this month, square dancers in Beijing could risk legal repercussions if they are deemed to be disturbing the peace, Chinanews.com reported. 据中新网报道,从本月开始,北京跳广场舞的人们如果被认定为扰乱治安,则有

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Todd: So, Marion, what are you going to do for dinner tonight? Marion: I think I'll go home, see what's in my fridge and in my cupboard and cook something up. I'm not sure what yet. Todd: Ah, you're gonna cook? Marion: Yeah, of course. Todd: Actually

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

[外贸英语] 背诵200句国外经典文章 提高外贸英文捷径 1. According to a recent survey, four million people die each year from diseases linked to smoking. 依照最近的一项调查,每年有4,000,000人死于与吸烟有关的疾

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

DOHA, Jan. 7 (Xinhua) -- Defending champion Nikolay Davydenko of Russia beat Rafael Nadal of Spain 6-3, 6-2 for the final at the Qatar Open on Friday. Two-time champion(冠军) Roger Federer of Switzerland reached the final by beating third-seede

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

英语学习笔记: the selfie posters 自拍爱好者 the likers 点赞专业户 the fitness fanatics 健身狂人 the travelers 旅游达人 the foodies 美食家 the lurkers 潜水员 the promoters 微商 the lovers 最佳情侣

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文