By Paul Sisco Washington D.C. 24 January 2008 Wing Power, wave power, people power. Italian inventor Lucien Gambarota tries to capitalize on all three. VOA's Paul Sisco explains in this week's Searching for Solutions report. Lucien Gambarota is a vis

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(一月)

雪莉的一个同事在办公时间看《健康顾问》,被雪莉逮了个正着。一起来看看雪莉是怎么处理的,是公事公办吗? Listen Read Learn (Shirley sees her colleague reading a magazine) Shirley: What are you reading? Maria: Gee! You scared me! Shirley: Aha, Fitness Co

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

Clerk: Good afternoon, madam. How can I help you? Shirley: Well, I am a bit out of shape. I'm thinking about getting some exercises to keep fit. Clerk: Oh, that's good news for us. Shirley: So what do you provide? Clerk: First of all, we'll design a

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语大赢家上册

May: Mom, this is your third bowl of rice! Shirley: I know but I have no choice. My stomach just keeps crying for more and more. May: Why? I never saw you eat so much before. Shirley: I've been going to the gym these days. The exercise makes me hungr

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语大赢家上册

By Melinda Smith Washington 16 May 2007 Women exercising One of the few certainties in life is that good health begins with eating a balanced diet and frequent exercise. But the older we get, the less likely we are to exercise. A new study of 464 U.S

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(五月)

Republican presidential contender John McCain questioned Democratic candidate Barack Obama's fitness to be commander in chief Friday. McCain made the remarks to a veteran's group in Colorado not long after Obama met with French President Nicolas Sar

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(七月)

Before already rolled into Britain,Spain and the states,and as David arrived in Paris,it seems France has prepared to say BM VANU to Beckham,presented as Paris Saint-Germain's latest big star,he reveals he won't take a penny for playing. I won't rece

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角