时间:2019-01-02 作者:英语课 分类:冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》


英语课

 Six, and sickly, and Lord of the Eyrie, gods have mercy, the king swore.  六岁,成天病假城的,这种人是新任鹰巢城主,诸神绕了我吧。国王咒道:


Lord Tywin had never taken a ward 1 before. Lysa ought to have been honored.  泰温公爵以前从来没收过养子,莱莎应该觉得光荣才对。
The Lannisters are a great and noble House. She refused to even hear of it.  兰尼斯特家族历史悠久,势力又大,她竟然连考虑都不肯考虑,也没得到我准许,
Then she left in the dead of night, without so much as a by-your-leave.  就趁著月黑风高不声不响离开了。
Cersei was furious. He sighed deeply. The boy is my namesake, did you know that? Robert Arryn.  瑟曦差点没气炸。他深深地叹了口气说:你知道麽?那孩子的名字是照著我取的,叫劳勃·艾林。
I am sworn to protect him. How can I do that if his mother steals him away? 我发过誓要保护他,我怎麽能让他母亲就这样把他偷偷带走呢?
I will take him as ward, if you wish, Ned said. Lysa should consent to that.  不如让我来收养他,你觉得如何?奈德说:莱莎应该会同意的。
She and Catelyn were close as girls, and she would be welcome here as well. 她年轻时和凯特琳很亲,她在这儿也会比较有家的感觉。
A generous offer, my friend, the king said, but too late. Lord Tywin has already given his consent.  我的好友啊,你真好。国王回答:只可惜太晚了。泰温公爵已经同意要收养,
Fostering the boy elsewhere would be a grievous affront 2 to him. 如果又把那孩子送到别的地方,对他是种侮辱。
I have more concern for my nephew’s welfare than I do for Lannister pride, Ned declared. 我关心的是我外甥的幸福,而不是在乎兰尼斯特家族的人觉得高兴不高兴。奈德表示。
That is because you do not sleep with a Lannister. Robert laughed,  那是因为你晚上不用陪兰尼斯特家的女人睡觉,劳勃放声大笑,
the sound rattling 3 among the tombs and bouncing from the vaulted 4 ceiling.  笑声在墓窖里回荡,又从拱形屋顶上反射回来,
His smile was a flash of white teeth in the thicket 5 of the huge black beard.  他的微笑是浓密黑色蚪髯里的一条白线。
Ah, Ned, he said, you are still too serious. He put a massive arm around Ned’s shoulders.  呵,奈德,他说:你还是老样子,太严肃了。他伸出巨大的手臂环住奈德的肩膀:
I had planned to wait a few days to speak to you, but I see now there’s no need for it. Come, walk with me. 我本来想过几天再跟你谈这件事的,但你既然提起了,就现在说吧。来,我们走。
 

n.守卫,监护,病房,行政区,由监护人或法院保护的人(尤指儿童);vt.守护,躲开
  • The hospital has a medical ward and a surgical ward.这家医院有内科病房和外科病房。
  • During the evening picnic,I'll carry a torch to ward off the bugs.傍晚野餐时,我要点根火把,抵挡蚊虫。
n./v.侮辱,触怒
  • Your behaviour is an affront to public decency.你的行为有伤风化。
  • This remark caused affront to many people.这句话得罪了不少人。
adj.拱状的
  • She vaulted over the gate and ran up the path. 她用手一撑跃过栅栏门沿着小路跑去。
  • The formal living room has a fireplace and vaulted ceilings. 正式的客厅有一个壁炉和拱形天花板。
n.灌木丛,树林
  • A thicket makes good cover for animals to hide in.丛林是动物的良好隐蔽处。
  • We were now at the margin of the thicket.我们现在已经来到了丛林的边缘。
标签: 权利的游戏
学英语单词