时间:2019-01-02 作者:英语课 分类:网络社交


英语课



SCENE B  同时间  在附近一个钢琴学校里


【那你为何不充分利用网路呢?】


 


Sue:         So why don't you 1) take full advantage of the Internet?


苏:          那你为何不充分利用网路呢?


 


Rose:                 What do you mean?


柔丝:      你的意思是?  


 


Sue:         All you think about is your students and music!


苏:          你满脑子想的都是学生和音乐!


 


Rose:                 That's my job. I love my job!


柔丝:      那是我的工作。我热爱我的工作。


 


Sue:         But 2) there's more to life than a job, Rose.


苏:          但生活除了工作还有其他的东西,柔丝。


 


Rose:                 You're talking about men again.


柔丝:      你又在说男人了。


 


Sue:         You guessed it.


苏:          你猜对了。


 


Rose:       I'm NOT interested.


柔丝:      我没兴趣。


 


语言详解


 


A: You're welcome to stay at my place until you find an apartment of your own.


   你在找到公寓前都可以待在我那里。


 


B: I don't want to take advantage of your hospitality 1.


     我不想这样利用你的好心。


 


You guessed it.你猜对了】


 


当别人在你的话中得到足够的线索,接着说出你想说的话,你可以说You got it.(你说对了)假如你讲得很含糊,对方还是猜出你的意思,你应该说You guessed it.


 


A:  Don't tell me she's been listening to the fortune-teller again.


   别跟我说她又听算命的话了。


B:  You guessed it. She says we have to get married 2 on January 2nd, or we'll have bad luck.


   你猜对了。她说我们得在一月二号结婚,否则就会倒霉。


 


1) take full advantage of... 充分利用……advantage 好处


2) there's more to life than... 生活除了……还有更多



n.好客,殷勤;adj.(气候等)宜人,适宜
  • He welcomed you to enjoy his hospitality.他欢迎你去做客。
  • Thank you for your kind hospitality.谢谢你的盛情款待。
adj.已婚的;与…结婚的
  • I heard John got married.我听说约翰结婚了。
  • They got married last autumn.他们在去年秋季结婚。