时间:2018-12-31 作者:英语课 分类:职场社交


英语课


SCENE
B  吉娜一早进公司


【我受不了电脑怪胎】


 


Dave:  Whoa. Now I'm awake! Zina has a secret admirer.


戴夫:  哇。这会我可醒了!吉娜有暗恋者了。


 


Zina:           I really do not have time to deal with some 1) lovesick computer 2) geek.


吉娜:         我真的没时间去应付爱昏了头的电脑怪胎。


 


Dave:          I know what you mean. I can't stand computer geeks.


戴夫:         我知道你的意思。我也受不了电脑怪胎。


 


Zina:  Sorry, Dave, I didn't mean you. I am just not 3) in the mood for this. I have work to do.


吉娜:         抱歉,戴夫,我不是说你。我只是没心情搞这玩意儿。我还有工作要做。


 


Dave:  Who do you think it is?


戴夫:         你觉得是谁?


 


语言详解


 


A: Your friend seems to be in a better mood.


  你朋友的心情看起来好多了。


 


B: I gave her a pep talk.


  我给她来了段精神讲话


 


I can't stand... 我无法忍受……】


 


stand这个字大家一定都知道,但它除了这个意思之外,最常用的就是指忍受,可以用在人身上:


 


A: Allison is my best friend.


    爱丽森是我最好的朋友。


B: I can't stand her. She is so fake 1!


    我受不了她。她好假喔!


  


也可以用在事物身上:


 


A: It must be 45 degrees in here.


    这里一定有四十五度。


B: I can't stand it anymore. It's too hot!


    我再也受不了了。有够热的!


 


用来表示动作也行:


 


A: Let's go have a beer at Tom's.


    我们去"汤姆的店"喝啤酒。


B: I can't stand to go there. It reminds me of my ex-girlfriend.


    我不能忍受去那里。那会让我想起我的前女友。


 


1) lovesick  (a.)  因爱而分神迷乱的


2) geek  (n.) 怪胎


3) be in the mood for有心情去...



vt.伪造,造假,假装;n.假货,赝品
  • He can tell a fake from the original.他能分辨出赝品和真品。
  • You can easily fake up an excuse to avoid going out with him.你可以很容易地编造一个借口而不与他一同外出。