时间:2018-12-31 作者:英语课 分类:职场社交


英语课


SCENE② C  吉娜与艾文继续在走道上说话 


【你这是在闹小孩子脾气】


 


Zina:      You're being 1) childish. Your nose will heal. And so will your 2) pride, if you let it.


吉娜:  你这是在闹小孩子脾气。你鼻子的伤会好。你受损的自尊也是,就看你自己要不


        要。


 


Elvin:     I'll have us ready for Stars.com by the end of next week. After that, I don't know.


艾文:  我们下星期之前,就会把给Stars.com的东西准备好。之后的事,我就不知道了。 


 


Zina:      Don't know what?


吉娜:   不知道什么?


 


Elvin:     3) Let's just say there could be some big changes around here.


艾文:  我们姑且就说这里会有大变动吧。


 


Zina:      Is that right? Like what kind of changes?


吉娜:  是这样吗?哪一种变动?


 


Elvin:     4) You'll see. Oh, yeah, you'll see.


艾文:  你到时就会知道。没错,你到时就知道。


 


Zina:      Come on, grow up. Have you seen Vince around?


吉娜:  你长大一点行吧。你看到文斯在附近吗?


 


语言详解


 


A: Rob hasn't been the same since his girlfriend dumped him.


   罗伯被女朋友甩了之后,就变了个人。


 


B: I think she really hurt his pride.


   我想她真的伤了他的自尊心。


 


Grow up! 你成熟点!】


 


grow up 大家都知道,是指生理及心理上的成熟。


 


A: Uncle Ted 1, I haven't seen you for so long.


     泰德叔叔,我好久没看到你了。


B: Karen, you're grown up to be a beautiful young woman.


     凯伦,你已经出落成年轻美姑娘了。


 


另外,当你看到有人明明已经七老八十了,却还是幼稚异常,耍孩子脾气,你巴不得他们成熟一点,这时候用 grow up ,就是希望他们在心态个性上能够成熟,长大一点。


 


A: Angie is a dork. Angie is a dork.


     安姬真蠢。安姬真蠢。


B: Why don't you just grow up?


     你成熟一点好不好?


 


1) childish (a.)  幼稚的,孩子气的


2) pride (n.)  自尊


3) Let's just say...  我们姑且说……


4) You'll see  你等着看。你到时就会知道。



vt.翻晒,撒,撒开
  • The invaders gut ted the village.侵略者把村中财物洗劫一空。
  • She often teds the corn when it's sunny.天好的时候她就翻晒玉米。