Text Would you choose to live underground if you could gain many advantages from doing so? Weather would no longer trouble you. Temperature would remain the same all the year round. Artificial lightin

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语精读第四册

VOICE ONE: Im Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And Im Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. We continue our series of reports about efforts to keep alive traditional ways of doing things. Today we tell about building homes out of a simple n

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(十)月

每当逢年过节的时候,是不是就会开始想起一些许久没有联络的亲朋好友呢?卡片中可以询问他们现在过得如何,再描述一下自己的近况,方便的话可以约下次碰面的时间。一张卡片的祝福不仅胜过千言万语,也可以让收信者感到开心哦! 写作技巧(Tips) 在特别的日子收到朋友的卡

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 小学英语作文

托福写作一直是难以提高的部分,尤其短期内的冲刺更是充满挑战。这一过程中,对于托福范文的仿写、分析十分重要,下面新东方网留学频道就为大家分享由孟炎老师为大家带来的范文精析

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

美国天然气前景乐观 美国天然气产量剧增,不仅降低了燃料价格,还促使很多项目改用天然气来代替污染严重得多的石油,不少公司开始使用天然气作为运输燃料。 While many Americans want to red

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2013年6月

This is Scientific Americans 60 second Science, I am Christopher Intagliata, got a minute? You've probably had the feeling. Your running shoes are pounding the pavementthen suddenly your pain fades away, and you're feeling euphoric. The runner's high

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月

It is natural. It's natural, tonight, to feel some disappointment. But tomorrow, we must move beyond it and work together to get our country moving again. 今晚,很自然地,我们会感到一些失望。但是明天,我们还要继续前进,还

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 历史英雄名人演讲

A: Where should we go sightseeing today? B: I think that some things might be best done in the morning and others in the afternoon. A: I think that I would like to go to the beach this morning. B: That would be a good place to start our sightseeing.

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语对话

JEFFREY BROWN: And next, Ray Suarez continues his series about the changing energy picture in this country. Tonight, he visits Colorado, where natural gas is taking center stage, prompting questions about the future of both coal and alternative energ

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈环境系列

Ways to Look Beautiful without Makeup do exist and they are possible, for anyone. Have you ever met someone who said that they never leave the house without makeup, even if theyre just going to the grocery store? Makeup is fun, but it shouldnt be obl

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(20) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Fanny: Hey, Brian, you know, recently I heard that the Canadian dollar is very strong. Brian: It is. It's been amazingly strong in the last few months. Fanny: What happened? I mean, how come? Brian: It went up. The reasons behind why the Canadian dol

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

If your dog destroys the furniture when you are away, it could be a pessimist, researchers have concluded。 A study has found that some dogs are natural gloom-mongers while others have sunnier dispositions。 We know that people's emotional states a

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

There is nothing unusual about energy like coals and oils being consumed, principally because economic development depends on natural resources all the time. But what is happening today is extraordinary judged by the standards of the past. It is ener

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

What a life in the theater has taught me is, to trust one's instincts. And that takes courage. 语音讲解 单词发音 theater n.电影院,戏院,剧场;戏剧;手术室 instincts n.(生物)本能 courage n.勇气;胆量 连词发音 what

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读

The implication? 言下之意? For a central bank to keep unemployment below the natural rate, it must keep outdoing itself, delivering inflation surprise after inflation surprise. 对于想把失业率维持在自然比率之下的央行来说,它

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人财经系列

托福口语练习提示1: Try to respond to what people say to you. You can often get clues to what people think by looking at their body language. Respond to them in a natural way. 透过身体语言理解对方意思并作出回应。 托福口语

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

Wool Week opened early yesterday morning in Wellington with a display of sheep shearing at the railway station. Then children brought in their pet lambs. People on their way to work stopped to watch. Then there was a fashion parade of woolen clothes

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

?大学英语四级考试越来越近,考生可掌握一些四级作文模板,会在接下来的四级考试中更得心应手。 说明原因型模块(1) Nowadays ,there are more and more XX in some big cities . It is estimated that ( 1 ). W

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

下面是英语六级写作美文:形象包装,请考生赏析。 Packing a Person A person, like a commodity, needs packaging. But going too far is absolutely undesirable. A little exaggeration, however, does no harm when it shows the person's u

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

提示1 Practice wherever you can and whenever you can. Any practice is good, whether you speak to someone who is a native English speaker or not. 随时随地进行托福口语练习。 提示2 It's important to build your confidence. If possible, u

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(319) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语