Letter to a Young Friend Benjamin Franklin My dear friend I know of no Medicine fit to diminish the violent natural inclination you mention; and if I did, I think I should not communicate it to you. Marriage is the proper Remedy. It is the most natu

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语名著名段背诵精华

By Peter Fedynsky Moscow 01 August 2007 Gazprom, Russia's state-owned gas monopoly, has announced a 45 percent reduction of natural gas supplies to neighboring Belarus. About 20 percent of the gas Russia delivers to other European countries transits

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(八月)

A:Its been a long time since I last saw you. Where have you been? B: The exams and plans I have to turn in in are driving me crazy, I dont even have time to sleep. A: Its the same for me. Im up to my neck in work, but at least finals are coming soon

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

By Amanda Cassandra New York 29 November 2006 Gold prices have reached record highs this year, fueling new interest in gold as an investment. But the allure extends far beyond its monetary value. Its importance as a natural resource, as a commodity

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十一月)

Oil tycoon T. Boone Pickens spoke at the National Press Club in Washington Monday and called on both presidential candidates to come up with a plan to reduce U.S. dependence on foreign oil. Pickens has spent millions of dollars on national televisio

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(九月)

Even though Russia and Ukraine have backed off from their energy war, Eastern Europe and the Balkans face natural gas shortages after Moscow closed the taps for deliveries destined for Europe. Europeans are facing a harsh winter in which at least a

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(一月)