时间:2019-03-06 作者:英语课 分类:英语PK台


英语课

   地点:莫妮卡和钱德勒公寓


  人物:瑞秋,莫妮卡,菲比,钱德勒
  事件:莫妮卡为没有婚礼资金伤心,钱德勒、瑞秋和菲比一起安慰她,可是越安慰越乱。
  Rachel: Well what happened at dinner?
  瑞秋:吃晚饭的时候发生什么事了吗?
  Monica: My parents spent the money for our wedding!
  莫妮卡:我父母把我们婚礼的钱花掉了!
  Phoebe: My God! What did you order?
  菲比:哦!天哪!你们点了什么?
  Rachel: Wait, but there's no money? Well this is terrible! You guys are gonna have to get married in like a rec center!
  瑞秋:等会儿,没有钱了?太糟了!你们要在某个娱乐中心结婚了!
  Chandler: Honey, it's gonna be okay .
  钱德勒:亲爱的,会好起来的。
  Monica: No! No it's not! It's not gonna be Okay! It sucks! No swing band! No lilies!
  莫妮卡:不!不会!不会好起来的!糟透了!没有摇摆乐队!没有百合花!
  Rachel: You know what? It's gonna be okay. I mean you don't have to have this rustic 1 Italian feast 2. Y'know? And—and you don't need, you don't need this custom-made, empire-waisted, duchess, satin gown, you can wear off the rack.
  瑞秋:你知道吗,没事的,其实你不一定非要这种意大利式的乡村盛宴,你也不一定要这种定做的、英式腰线的、公爵夫人式的绸缎礼服,你可以穿现买的(非订制的)。
  Chandler: Look, it really is gonna be okay. The important thing is that we love each other and that we're gonna get married.
  钱德勒:哦,真的会好起来的。最重要的是我们彼此相爱,而且我们要结婚了!
  Rachel: Do you even understand what off the rack means?
  瑞秋:你到底理不理解“现买的(非订制的)”是什么意思啊?

adj.乡村的,有乡村特色的;n.乡下人,乡巴佬
  • It was nearly seven months of leisurely rustic living before Michael felt real boredom.这种悠闲的乡村生活过了差不多七个月之后,迈克尔开始感到烦闷。
  • We hoped the fresh air and rustic atmosphere would help him adjust.我们希望新鲜的空气和乡村的氛围能帮他调整自己。
n.盛宴,筵席,节日
  • After the feast she spent a week dieting to salve her conscience.大吃了一顿之后,她花了一周时间节食以安慰自己。
  • You shouldn't have troubled yourself to prepare such a feast!你不该准备这样丰盛的饭菜,这样太麻烦你了!
标签: 英语PK台
学英语单词