This is Whats Trending Today. That is the sound of Big Ben. People from London like to call the ringing of Big Ben bongs. They mark the start of a new hour. Big Ben is the name of the large bell inside the clock tower above Britains Houses of Parliam

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(8月)

SCENE ① C 加州的资讯王达康办公室 【你是怎么算薪水的?】 Zina: How do you get paid? 1) If you don't mind my asking. 吉娜: 你是怎么算薪水的?若你不介意我问的话

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 职场社交

EXPLORATIONS - 'That's One Small Step ...': The Story of the First Humans to Walk on the MoonBy Marilyn Rice Christiano Broadcast: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 EXPLORATIONS -- a program in Special Engli

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(八)月

This is Whats Trending Today... The United States named 12 new astronauts this week. The astronauts will work for NASA, the American space agency. The astronaut class of 2017 includes doctors, scientists, engineers, pilots and military officers. Seve

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(六)月

1. Toyota has announced it will recall more than 400,000 Prius and other hybrid vehicles around the globe to fix brake problems. This recall is the latest in a string of embarrassing safety problems at the world's largest automaker. This recall invol

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(二月)

A: I'm looking for a pan I can use in my kitchen. B: What size pan were you thinking of? A: I've already got a small pan. I need a big one. B: Well, this one might work for you. A: Oh, no, that's way too heavy a pan for me. B: Here, lift this aluminu

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 购物英语对话

Nasa is entering the final stages of preparation for its last ever shuttle mission, but it is keeping a very careful eye on the Florida sky. The weather over the Space Coast was atrocious on Thursday, with torrential rain falling on the Atlantis orbi

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The search for Malaysia Airlines' flight MH370 will be focused on 58 spots in a 60,000 sq km area of the Indian ocean. 对马航MH370客机的搜索将集中在印度洋60000平方公里范围内的58处地点。 Transport Minister Datuk Seri Liow Ti

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

XICHANG, Sichuan, June 21 (Xinhua) -- China successfully launched a new communication satellite, the Zhongxing-10, from its Xichang Satellite Launch Center in southwest Sichuan Province on early Tuesday. The satellite, carried by a Long March-3B rock

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

WASHINGTON, April 10 (Xinhua) -- The United States on Wednesday urged the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) to refrain from further provocations amid reports of an imminent missile launch by the Asian nation. State Department spokesman Pat

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

U.S. and South Korean military officials say they have detected a failed ballistic missile launch in North Korea near the northwestern city of Kusong. 美国与韩国军方官员说,他们探测到朝鲜在西北部龟城进行了一次失败的弹道

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A Chinese satellite will not only help those at the scene of natural disasters report on emergencies but enable passengers on high-speed trains to watch high-definition videos. Shijian-13, Chinas first high-throughput communications satellite, was la

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

TOKYO, Sept. 23 (Xinhua) -- Japan's H-2A rocket carrying a new information gathering satellite was launched at the Tanegashima Space Center in Kagoshima Prefecture on Friday, local media reported. Japan has already introduced three information-gather

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BEIJING, Oct. 18 (Xinhuanet) -- NASA recently unveiled its new rocket design, named Space Launch System (SLS), according to media reports. The rocket will make its first unmanned flight in 2017, and the flight with astronauts aboard won't happen unti

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

探月工程词汇中英对照 嫦娥1号:Chang'e-1 lunar probe; Chang'e-1 lunar satellite 月球探测卫星:lunar probe; lunar exploration satellite; lunar orbiter 长征三号甲运载火箭:Long March 3A launch vehicle; LM-3A launch vehicle

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

They suspended the rehearsal, and for a while it seemed as if Jobs might cancel the entire product launch. 他们停止了预演,接下来的那一刻,大家认为乔布斯似乎要取消整个产品发布会。 Ruby looked at me as if to say, 'A

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

BEIJING, Sept. 2 (Xinhua) -- China's central authorities initiated a level-four emergency plan on Sunday afternoon in response to severe flooding in southwest China's Sichuan Province and Chongqing Municipality. The National Commission for Disaster R

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

SAN FRANCISCO, June 28 (Xinhua) -- Microsoft on Tuesday launched its cloud service Office 365, which was the software giant's answer to competing products from Google and other companies. The service includes on-line versions of Word, PowerPoint, Exc

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BEIJING, May 15 (Xinhua) -- China on Tuesday began issuing a new type of passport featuring an electronic chip that contains the holder's personal information. Meng Hongwei, vice minister of public security, said at a launching ceremony for the passp

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

这首《If》算得上是Bread的代表歌曲。特别喜欢它的前奏,带出一种朦胧梦幻的意境。诗化的歌词唱出恋爱中的那种痴情,期待。每一次听《If》都会被它优美的旋律和所描绘的美景所感染。。

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(174) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲