With two-income households, soccer practice and glee club rehearsals, getting Mom and Dad and Heather and Zeke to sit down for dinner together isn't as easy as it was back in the days of Leave it to Beaver. But as Weekend Edition food essayist Bonny

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

Studies that will be released today show that fish, birds and mammals in New England have significant amounts of mercury in their bodies. The studies find the toxic metal in some unexpected habitats and they suggest that power plants in the Midwest a

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

And now a story from Los Angeles, where a radio station is putting itself in the middle of the debate over China and Taiwan. Reporter Rob Schmitz of member station KPCC sent this report. Kay Chao says Taiwanese and Chinese Americans in Los Angeles wo

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

descends an hour earlier tonight. And tomorrow children in costumes will prowl about.Thanksgiving can't be far behind. You've probably already made your travel arrangements, the mere mention of a train trip sends commentator Ruth Levy Guyer into a re

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

This year there will be more than a million divorce filings in the United States. One of them has commentator Leon Wynter's name on it. I am now playing at age 51 the strangest role yet in my long strange trip: suburban single father, non-custodial ,

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

It was woman against machine at an arm-wrestling competition yesterday in San Diego. And as soon as we say, go, go ahead. In one corner, 17-year-old Panna Felsen, a high school studentand amateur robot builder, 5 feet 7 inches tall and 120 pounds, an

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

Anchor: From its massive trade surplus with United States to its funding of America's ballooning deficit, China's economy has become increasingly intertwined with her own. And this wouldn't be possible without the extraordinary thrift of ordinary Chi

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

This is All Things Considered from NPR news, I'm Robert Siegel and I'm Michele Norris. In Alabama, jurors've found Richard Scrushy not guilty of all charges. Scrushy is the founder and fired CEO of HealthSouth, the medical services company. And he wa

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(153) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

Members of the New York stock exchange met today to learn more about the organization's proposed merger with the electronic trading company Archipelago. The merger, announced late yesterday, would turn the exchange into a for-profit company, as NPR'

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

Here is a very small piece of fiction from Ruth Forman. It's titled Bars on Windows. The window covered with rusted black iron bars looked like jail, he thought, though he'd never been to jail. He wondered when exactly the bars were added. They didn'

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

Today we are going to wrap up our series A Nation of Individuals. All week weve been examining the rise of individualism in China. We've heard about an Internet entrepreneur, an AIDS activist, a village leader and an evangelical Christian. In this fi

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

This is Morning Edition from NPR news.I am Steven Skip and I am Renee Montagne .Time now for our consumer health segment. Lots of people turn to physical exercise to get their bodies in shape. The concept of reshaping the mind is more elusive. Some

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

On Mondays we focus on the business of techonology and today we'll hear about an effort to make money with blogs. Millions of people publish internet weblogs or blogs but among the few people who do it for profit is Jason McCabe Calacanis. A year and

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(160) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

From NPR news, this is All Things Considered. I'm Michelle Noris. and I am Robert Seagull. China has been in the news a lot lately. Its economy is booming. Its military is modernizing. But some of the country's most important changes are taking plac

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

Two airlines Continental and American are reporting something pretty rare in the airline industry lately--- profits. American Airlines, the nation's largest carrier announced yesterday that it had net earnings of 58 million dollars in its most recen

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

Now, Poet Ruth Forman lets us into part of her daily spiritual practice with her poem, I Wear Prayers Like Shoes. Now, Poet Ruth Forman lets us into part of her daily spiritual practice with her poem, I Wear Prayers Like Shoes. I wear prayers like sh

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(204) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

In case you haven't been paying attention to sports, the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament begins in earnest tomorrow. College students, proud alumni and plain old fans will all be glued to television sets, rooting for their favorites. Commentator Lau

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(183) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

NBC tonight launches a new series-The Office. It's the American version of a British comedy series. The original has a small but dedicated group of fans in the United States. Remaking British series for American audiences is not new, but as NPR's Kim

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(215) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

On Mondays, our business report focuses on technology. Google has transformed itself from the little search engine that could into a major information hub, email service, software developer and more. It's already the place where most people go to fin

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(204) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

By Margaret Besheer Arlington, Virginia 03 May 2006 Man looks at memorial A total of 59 journalists who lost their lives last year in the pursuit of news have been honored by the Freedom Forum in Arli

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(五月)