时间:2019-01-03 作者:英语课 分类:听歌学英语


英语课

We're talking away

當我們攤牌時/就这样谈开了

I don't know what I'm to say

我却不知道該說些什麼

I'll say it anyway

無論如何我還是會說

Today's another day to find you shying away

你总是躲闪,今天又是如此

I'll be coming for your love, OK?

但,你的爱,我会坚持不懈地追

Take on me, take me on

请接受我

I'll be gone

因我將離去

In a day or two

在一兩天後



So needless to say

用不着提

I'm odds 1 and ends

瑣碎細節

But that's me stumbling away

但我将跌跌撞撞离开

Slowly learning that life is OK.

会慢慢懂得,人生并没有那么坏

Say after me

跟著我說

It's no better to be safe than sorry

安然無恙並不比遺憾好



Take on me, take me on

接受我

I'll be gone

因我將離去

In a day or two

在一兩天後



Oh, the things that you say

噢 , 你說的話

Is it life or

這是人生

Just to play my worries away

或只是為了消除我的煩惱

You're all the things I've got to remember

你是我唯一必須記住的人

You're shying away

你在離去

I'll be coming for you anyway

但無論如何我還是會追尋你



Take on me, take me on

接受我

I'll be gone

因我將離去

In a day or two

在一兩天後



    



1.take on 接纳;雇佣;承担;呈现;具有;流行

Believing he had only a year to live, his writing took on a feverish 2 intensity 3.由于以为自己只剩一年的活头,他的文字开始变得激情澎湃。(feverish: adj. 发烧的,有热病症状的;高度活跃或兴奋的;容易引起热病的;热病蔓延的; Intensity: n. 强度;烈度;强烈;(感情的)强烈程度)

With Christmas Day coming near, the small town began to take on a festive 4 air.随着圣诞节的来临,小城镇开始呈现一派节日的气氛。



2.needless to say=self-evident 不必说; 当然,不用说; 不待说;

Needless to say, theory and practice sometimes diverged 5. 不用说,理论和实践有时候并不相符。 (diverge偏离,背离)



3.odds and ends零碎的东西;杂七杂八的东西

She spent the day sorting through a box full of odds and ends. 她花一天工夫整理装满小玩意儿的箱子。

I'll go to pick up some odds and ends at the store. 我要到商店买些零碎的东西。



4.shy: adj 害羞的

He's quiet and a bit on the shy side. 他很安静,略有点害羞。



Shy away (from sth) 畏避;回避;躲避;避免做

Hugh never shied away from his responsibilities. 该自己承担的责任,休从不逃避。



shy of doing something犹豫的;不情愿的;害怕的;有所顾忌的

You should not be shy of having your say in the running of the school.在管理学校方面,你应该毫无顾忌地发表你的意见。

He is painfully shy of women. 他见到女人就十分害羞。

. ~ (of sth) 欠缺;不足;未达到;不够

He died before Christmas, only a month shy of his 90th birthday. 他在圣诞节前去世了,仅差一个月就满90岁。

We are still two players shy (of a full team). (凑成一支队)我们还缺两名队员。

shy . (in compounds 构成复合词) 躲避(或不喜欢)…的

camera-shy 不爱照相

He's always been work-shy. 他总是躲避工作。



n.让步,机率,可能性,比率;胜败优劣之别
  • The odds are 5 to 1 that she will win.她获胜的机会是五比一。
  • Do you know the odds of winning the lottery once?你知道赢得一次彩票的几率多大吗?
adj.发烧的,狂热的,兴奋的
  • He is too feverish to rest.他兴奋得安静不下来。
  • They worked with feverish haste to finish the job.为了完成此事他们以狂热的速度工作着。
n.强烈,剧烈;强度;烈度
  • I didn't realize the intensity of people's feelings on this issue.我没有意识到这一问题能引起群情激奋。
  • The strike is growing in intensity.罢工日益加剧。
adj.欢宴的,节日的
  • It was Christmas and everyone was in festive mood.当时是圣诞节,每个人都沉浸在节日的欢乐中。
  • We all wore festive costumes to the ball.我们都穿着节日的盛装前去参加舞会。
分开( diverge的过去式和过去分词 ); 偏离; 分歧; 分道扬镳
  • Who knows when we'll meet again? 不知几时咱们能再见面!
  • At what time do you get up? 你几时起床?
学英语单词