时间:2019-01-01 作者:英语课 分类:纸牌屋第一季


英语课

   Ferguson. Too old.


  费格森,太老了
  Willis? Too stupid.
  威利斯,太蠢了
  Boyd. Too queer.
  博伊德,太基了
  Really?
  不是吧
  He's married with three kids.
  他都结婚,育有三子了
  纸牌屋第一季.jpg
  And wouldn't they be devastated 1.
  他们肯定要伤心死了
  All right.
  好吧
  What about Catherine Durant?
  凯瑟琳·杜兰特呢
  Cathy Durant ...
  凯茜·杜兰特
  She was vocally 2 anti Walker.
  她曾公开反沃克
  She's got the experience.
  她有经验
  Set up a meeting.
  替我安排会面
  The donation from Sancorp...
  桑科公司的捐款
  The money will have to come from somewhere else.
  那笔钱得另想办法了
  God, what happened?
  天哪,怎么回事
  I've looked over the budget for fiscal 3 13
  我看了13年的预算
  and we've allocated 4 1.6 million for salaries.
  其中160万是员工工资
  We need to cut that in half.
  我们要把这项支出减半
  What, you're suggesting... Evelyn,
  什么,你是说,伊芙琳
  we're going to let some people go.
  我们要裁员
  That would be half of our staff?
  裁掉一半吗
  We have to carve out some room.
  我们必须腾出些位置
  But you'll have to fire some essential people
  但这样就得裁掉些从一开始
  who have been with us since the beginning.
  就跟着我们的老员工啊
  We are a charity,
  我们是慈善机构
  but not for our employees.
  但不服务于职员
  You know, um, Claire, I have held my tongue
  克莱尔,要知道一直以来
  about this whole international thing for a while.
  我没对国际化的事发表意见
  But, I don't get it.
  但我想不通
  I mean, we're really good at what we do,
  为什么要放弃现有熟悉的业务
  why do we have to try and be something we're not?
  转而做一些我们不在行的事情呢
  Because we've plateaued, Evelyn,
  因为发展到了瓶颈,伊芙琳
  and it is time for us, for our entire organisation 6...
  这个机构,现在应当...
  But digging wells in Africa? We don't know anything about that.
  去非洲挖井吗,我们对此一无所知
  Which is why we have to bring in new people.
  因此我们需要雇佣新员工
  This is the plan that I've proposed to the Board
  这是我向董事会提出的规划
  and we are moving forward with it.
  董事会也接受了
  I'd like a list of names, please.
  记得给我名单
  Claire, can we just think about this?
  克莱尔,不能再斟酌一下吗
  I have thought about it.
  我已经想过了
  I've put a lot of thought into it.
  这是斟酌再三的结果
  Yeah, but I think that we can really... Evelyn ...
  但是我觉得我们真的,伊芙琳
  You are the office manager.
  你是办公室主任
  I need you to trust that I know what I'm doing.
  你得相信,我心里有数
  So please, get me that list, as soon as possible.
  所以,请尽快给我那份名单
  Oh, ma'am. You can't go... I'm sorry, I just ...
  女士,您不能,抱歉
  I just have one question... No.
  我只有一个问题,不行
  Sir, I apologize this woman...
  先生,抱歉,这位女士
  Congressman 7. Miss you need to step away from him.
  议员,小姐,请您退后
  If I could just have one second. You step away from the...
  我只打扰一会,请退后
  Who are you?
  你是谁
  My name is Zoe Barnes, I'm a reporter at the Washington Herald 8.
  我是佐伊·巴恩斯 《华盛顿先驱报》记者
  It is after 10:30 at night and this is my home.
  现在已经过了晚上十点半,而且这是我家
  I do not allow any...
  我不允许任何...
  We are part of a mutual 9 admiration 10 society.
  你我彼此欣赏
  You're a fan of the symphony.
  你喜欢交响乐
  One more for the people watching than the music.
  比起音乐,更喜欢观众
  It's all right, Steve. Come on in, Miss Barnes.
  没事了,史蒂夫,巴恩斯小姐,请进
  It's strong.
  这酒很烈
  You prefer weak?
  你想要淡一些的
  No, the stronger the better.
  不,越烈越好
  There's no harm in looking.
  看看没什么
  It's a cheap ploy 5.
  低级的把戏
  It's cheap but effective.
  低级却有效
  Well, you certainly have my undivided attention.
  我洗耳恭听
  Good. The reason I'm here...
  好,我来这里的原因
  Oh, is foreplay over?
  前戏这就结束了
  I read somewhere that JFK never lasted more than three minutes.
  我听说肯尼迪撑不过3分钟
  The point been?
  所以呢
  Time is precious.
  时间很宝贵
  Powerful people don't have the luxury of foreplay.
  身居高位之人无暇前戏
  Okay, so why are you here, Ms. Barnes?
  那说说你的目的吧,巴恩斯小姐
  I need somebody I can talk to.
  我要找能说话的人
  We're talking. Tell me what we're talking about.
  我们就在说话,你想说点什么
  I protect your identity. I print whatever you tell me.
  我会为你保密,你说什么我都发表
  And I'll never ask any questions.
  而且绝不乱问问题
  And what makes you think
  那你凭什么认定
  I don't already have such an arrangement
  我没有和你的同行
  with one of your colleague.
  达成了类似协议呢
  Because if you did, you wouldn't have let me through the door.
  那样你就不会让我进门
  I've led a very long, very successful career
  在我漫长,成功的事业里
  avoiding this sort of intrigue 11 with the press.
  我一直避免与媒体打这种交道
  I can't see any advantage in starting now...
  我现在也没觉得有什么好处
  But is there any disadvantage? Sloppiness 12, for one.
  那有什么坏处呢,至少不谨慎
  I promise you absolute discretion 13.
  我会绝对谨慎小心的
  So, we're talking about trust.
  那就涉及到信任了
  Use whatever words you like.
  随便你怎么说
  Words matter very much, Ms. Barnes.
  怎么说很重要,巴恩斯小姐
  You should care more about them, given your profession.
  做你这行,对措词更当注意
  Then, yes...
  那么,是的

v.彻底破坏( devastate的过去式和过去分词);摧毁;毁灭;在感情上(精神上、财务上等)压垮adj.毁坏的;极为震惊的
  • The bomb devastated much of the old part of the city. 这颗炸弹炸毁了旧城的一大片地方。
  • His family is absolutely devastated. 他的一家感到极为震惊。
adv. 用声音, 用口头, 藉著声音
  • She is not SCREAMER or MOANER - She is VOCALLY APPRECIATIVE. 她并不乱叫或发牢骚,只是用声音表示喜怒。
  • The left has been vocally against. 左派力量一直竭力声讨。
adj.财政的,会计的,国库的,国库岁入的
  • The increase of taxation is an important fiscal policy.增税是一项重要的财政政策。
  • The government has two basic strategies of fiscal policy available.政府有两个可行的财政政策基本战略。
n.花招,手段
  • I think this is just a government ploy to deceive the public.我认为这只是政府欺骗公众的手段。
  • Christmas should be a time of excitement and wonder,not a cynical marketing ploy.圣诞节应该是兴奋和美妙的时刻,而不该是一种肆无忌惮的营销策略。
n.组织,安排,团体,有机休
  • The method of his organisation work is worth commending.他的组织工作的方法值得称道。
  • His application for membership of the organisation was rejected.他想要加入该组织的申请遭到了拒绝。
n.(美)国会议员
  • He related several anecdotes about his first years as a congressman.他讲述自己初任议员那几年的几则轶事。
  • The congressman is meditating a reply to his critics.这位国会议员正在考虑给他的批评者一个答复。
vt.预示...的来临,预告,宣布,欢迎
  • In England, the cuckoo is the herald of spring.在英国杜鹃鸟是报春的使者。
  • Dawn is the herald of day.曙光是白昼的先驱。
adj.相互的,彼此的;共同的,共有的
  • We must pull together for mutual interest.我们必须为相互的利益而通力合作。
  • Mutual interests tied us together.相互的利害关系把我们联系在一起。
n.钦佩,赞美,羡慕
  • He was lost in admiration of the beauty of the scene.他对风景之美赞不绝口。
  • We have a great admiration for the gold medalists.我们对金牌获得者极为敬佩。
vt.激起兴趣,迷住;vi.耍阴谋;n.阴谋,密谋
  • Court officials will intrigue against the royal family.法院官员将密谋反对皇室。
  • The royal palace was filled with intrigue.皇宫中充满了勾心斗角。
n.草率,粗心
  • The choice of Sarah Palin epitomised the sloppiness. 选择佩琳作为竞选伙伴凸显草率。 来自互联网
  • He chided the boy for his sloppiness. 它责怪这男孩粗心大意。 来自互联网
n.谨慎;随意处理
  • You must show discretion in choosing your friend.你择友时必须慎重。
  • Please use your best discretion to handle the matter.请慎重处理此事。
标签: 美剧 纸牌屋
学英语单词
2-205 rule
2-butyne
Acid Black 10B
aleksandrovas
anagyris foetidas
angle suspension tower
aquench
articulation of humerus
as-forged condition
automatic electronic balancing bridge
automatic size control
bacteriosome
belief in a just world
Birenbach
black something out
blastospore
bolbitis heteroclita
bozzoes
bromsulphophthalein
Butler Report
cansticks
carbonate ramp
circulation pump of heat-supply network
conformity motivation
constipates
contaimination
core-up mould
Cragganmore
crude price
cysteinyl-tRNA
driving center
duchon
electron pair donor(EPD)
electron transfer exchange reactions
endovibrator
equivalent temperature
ErBparalysis
expanded memory manager
expenditure disbursement
external domain
faroeses
fixed shading
fourth rail
free acceleration test
glued to something
golf glove
half beam
hlao
horse stable
idler stand
INCORR
iridium monoxide
kaleys
Kochsucker
kraka
La Moure County
latex extruding jets
lathosterol
Lavatar
limb stiffness
logic alternative
Luncarty
magnetic adherence
misappellation
mitis casting
mycotoxic
narracin
near-abroad
nine-years-old
non radiation field
nonchlorofluorocarbon
nonscrolling
objective attribute
one-ups
overload resolution
Oxytropis frigida
passenger quarters
Pedicularis variegata
pharmaceutic
plecolepidous
program counter operation
reinstitutionalized
roasen
Sabikassé
shrimp meat
slot allocation
smackhead
spirochetic
spurious beat frequency
stack storage
stage sets
stomachus chylus
swing sand slinger
swing-hammer regulator
take it out of sb
term end valuation
turretice steamer
ultravacua
uni-drive gear box
upskilling
water dispersible paint
wawk