[英文]:You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now. [中文]:你不能选择怎样死,或什么时候死.你只能决定现在怎样生活. [英文]:Mean men admire wealth; great

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语摩天轮—More to Learn

【句子对照】 I've heard that Greedie Corporation is a terrible place to work, because the company is filled with back stabbers and liars. 我听说在格利迪公司工作简直让人无法忍受,因为公司里的人不是背后说别人的坏

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

Do you have any juice? 我在一家美国人的贸易公司做事,有一次老板临时决定出差去广州。适逢广州交易会期间,各大宾馆的房间都客满了。一时订不到房间,几个白人同事和我以及老板正在讨论此

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

The order of the day 意思是最重要的事,详解与例句如下。 例句: Itll take three months to repair the house. Now patience is the order of the day for us. 这个房子装修要三个月,对我们来说耐心是最重要的。 They

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

在口语中,你知不知道可以说成any idea ,详细用法如下。 在口语中,你知不知道可以说成any idea 。 例句: Excuse me, any idea what time it is? 劳驾,你知不知道几点了? Any idea when the mall will be clos

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

Ready to roll? (等于Are you ready to go?)意思是可以走了吗。 例句: I got every suitcase, Ready to roll? 我的箱子都准备好了,可以走了吗?

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

Im a little edgy. edgy的意思是紧张,不耐烦。 例句: Hes got a job interview tomorrow. Hes a little edgy right now 明天他要去应聘一个工作。他现在有点紧张。 Lily hasnt slept for two days. So stay away from her, shes a

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

fill someone in 告诉某人, 让他了解一些状况 A: Really? You and Scott got married? Fill me in. It's been five years. I thought you used to think he was the biggest geek in the world. A: 真的吗? 妳和 Scott 结婚了? 告诉我是怎么回

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

alive and kicking a. 活蹦活跳的(活生生的,精力充沛的) 例句: 1. You'll be glad to hear that Bill is alive and kicking. 比尔现在精神饱满, 你听了一定很高兴.。 2. I am still alive and kicking! 我还是活跳跳的啊(表示

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

我在一家指甲美容店工作。许多顾客定期到店里来修指甲,做美容。由于经常光顾,老顾客和修指甲的姑娘们彼此都认识,常常边修指甲边聊天。 一天,一位老顾客进店来。她一边脱外衣,一

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

俚语play chicken 中的chicken可不是动物,意思是一项危险的游戏或者考验勇气的测验,在其中与某某叫板,与某某对抗、比试。 例句: When you drive youd better not play chicken with bigger cars. 你开车的时

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

例句: Tomorrow night we eat Chinese. 明晚我们吃中国菜。 同理,eat Italian是吃意大利菜,eat Japanese是吃日本菜。 例句: Do you want to eat Italian or Japanese?你是想吃意大利菜还是日本菜?

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

busting my ass 的意思是让难堪/ 努力工作 例句: I wish the directors just would stop, you know, busting my ass because I already have lots of problems. 我真的希望导演别再为难我,我的麻烦事已经够多了。 Every day I

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

sneak into这个短语的意思是潜入,悄悄的进入。 例句: If I come home late. I sneak into my house so I dont wake anyone up. 如果我回家晚了,我会静悄悄的进去,不吵醒别人。 My sister used to sneak into my bedroom a

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(324) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

A: Check this out!(Check it out!) I just now got a call asking about the TV ad I put in the newspapers. A: 告诉你! 我刚刚接到一通询问有关我放在报纸上的那个电视机机出让广告。 B: You mean somebody's actually interest

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

对你是一件很好的事! 怎么说呢? ----That's good for you. 举例如下: A: I've decided to go back to school for some training in programing. A: 我决定再回学校进修程序设计。 B: Good for you. When would you like to start? B

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(147) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

参考对话: A: Honey, this is going to be my last cigarette. I'm not gonna smoke again, I promise. A: 宝贝, 这将是我最后一支烟。 我保证不会再抽了。 B: This is going to be your last cigarette, my ass. B: 这会是你的最后一

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(277) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

Give it a go=give it a try 意思是:试一试,试一把。 例句 1, I'm not so sure I'll be able to fix your skateboard,but let's give it a go and see if it works. 我不确定能把你的滑板修好,但试一试吧,也许能修好。 2,We

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(727) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

A: David, knock it off, would you? Your singing is killing me. A: David, 别唱了, 好吗? 你的歌声简直要我的命! B: Hey! You're rude. B: 嘿! 你怎么那么没礼貌啊! Knock it off! 是叫(某人)停止做某事的意思,有住嘴,少来这

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

fill me in 告诉某人;让某人了解一些状况 A: Really? You and Scott got married? Fill me in. Its been five years. A: 真的吗?你和[font=Times New Roman]Scott结婚了?告诉我是怎么回事,都已经五年了。 B: Scott is a wo

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语