图片1 This is the first of a new Culips podcast. Here we chat! This episode Harp and Maura chat about Living in residence in University. Let us know what you think!

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

嘉宾:Debbie Mason 话题:野生象保护学者Dame Daphne及其纪录片《Born to be wild 3D》 单词拼写: 1、Warthogs:a sort of wild pig in Africa 2、Tsavo:Tsavo National Park 3、Empathy:understand the same situation 4、Captivi

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 聆听悦耳英音

图片1 In this episode we are talking about interesting, funny, and strange beliefs in North American culture. Robin and Maura share a couple scary stories that they have known since they were kids. They also review popular old wives tales like, An

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Sometimes we have to be sensitive to how other people are feeling. We might even act a certain way because we dont want to upset them. In this episode, we talk about expressions used for this kind of situation. You might need to walk on pins and need

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

In this episode, Maura interviews Michael Gilday, a Canadian short track speed skater. She asks about what its like to prepare for the Olympics, and they also talk about Michaels hometown of Yellowknife in the north of Canada and his experiences lear

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Heres an episode all about popular items. The expressions we talk about are used when something is in demand, which means that people are buying a lot of it. You can use these expressions to talk about the trendiest items of the moment. For example,

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Heres an episode about getting fancy! From time to time we all have to dress up for a special occasion, and so we may need to use these expressions. There are a few expressions we can use to talk about someone who is dressing more formally than they

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(199) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Heres an interview with our friend Kelly. She helps out behind the scenes at Culips, so we thought wed use an episode to introduce her to you! Like all of us at Culips, shes not originally from Montreal. In this episode, we talk about her hometown, w

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

With the Internet and social media, people are on computers and cell phones more than ever! This means that there are all kinds of new terms that have been created to describe all the new trends and innovations online, one of which you already know:

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

图片1 Listen to this! That is just one of the ways that people begin stories to get peoples attention. We discuss ways to begin stories in English, and also how people use the present tense to tell a story in the past! People often exaggerate when

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

图片1 In todays episode, we talk about things that children across Canada and the US believe in. We thought of making this episode because Easters coming up soon. Wed love to hear what kind of beliefs that you had as children in your country. Did y

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

图片1 How do I leave a greeting in English on my answering machine at work? There are standard messages and there are more special, funny ones. Listen to this podcast to hear professional messages and Harp and Maura sing!

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

情景对话: Rita: He's obsessed with the '90s. Max: But you weren't even born. Elliot: I know. I blame her. She couldn't find a man till late in life. Rita: There go the pedicures. 知识点笔记: Pedicure 美脚 Manicure 美甲 Facial 做脸

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

情景对话: Rita: Sure, you guys can just wait in here. Elliot's finishing up with his Pilates. Do yourselves a favor. Tell him his core looks tight. 当然,你们在这等一下,Elliot马上就练完普拉提了,就当帮自己个忙, 夸他

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

情景对话: In a scenario like this, I don't suppose it is bad form to just flip a coin. Heads or tails? I'll do the body in the acid, okay? Heads or tails? Heads. Best two out of three? 知识点笔记: Flip a coin 扔硬币 Let's flip a coin.

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

图片1 There are so many different people in Montreal from all over the world. Not one of us in the Culips team is actually from Montreal (were from other parts of Canada). But we have a friend Rita who is actually from this city! In this episode, M

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

A new round of negotiations among China, South Korea and Japan connected to a trilateral free trade agreement are set to take place in Seoul later on today. The 7th round of negotiations is slated to run until Wednesday. The three countries are due t

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台