In an unprecedented response to a domestic terrorist attack, Indian military forces have taken over the battle against gunmen who plunged Mumbai, a city of 18 million, into confusion. The siege, at 13 locations, has claimed 104 lives and wounded as

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十一月)

A Perfect Indian by Sinead O'cornner A perfect indina is he Remembering him life is sweet Like a weeping willow His face was pillow Comes to me in my dreams And there I saw a young baby A beatiful daughter was she A face from a painting Red cheeks an

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语歌曲收藏之一

By Anjana Pasricha New Delhi 26 March 2008 India's biggest vehicle maker, Tata Motors, has clinched a deal to buy luxury brands Jaguar and Land Rover from U.S. carmaker Ford. Anjana Pasricha reports from New Delhi, the latest acquisition is yet anoth

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(三月)

Indian police have shot dead two suspected Islamic militants in a shootout in the Indian capital, days after the city was rocked by serial bomb blasts. At least one more militant has been arrested. As Anjana Pasricha reports from New Delhi, police s

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(九月)

Protesters staged a mass rally in Kashmir's summer capital, Srinagar, Friday to call for an end to India's rule of the disputed Himalayan region. Raymond Thibodeaux reports for VOA from Srinagar. A pro-independence rally in Srinagar, the summer capi

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(八月)

By Shahnawaz Khan Srinagar, India 26 May 2008 A popular Pakistani rock band Sunday mesmerised a big audience in conflict-ridden Indian administered Kashmir, where concerts and Pakistani delegates are a rarity. Shahnawaz Khan reports for VOA. The youn

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(五月)

The Indian Prime Minister says that Indian financial institutions will not be impacted by the global credit crisis, but admits the country's high-growth economy could slow down. As Anjana Pasricha reports from New Delhi, his assurance came as the co

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十月)

By Steve Herman New Delhi 07 May 2008 Indian government weather forecasters say they gave their Burmese counterparts ample warning that a cyclone was headed their way. VOA Correspondent Steve Herman reports from New Delhi the Indian meteorologists ad

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(五月)

歌词如下: one little,two little, three little,indians, four little,five little, six little,indians, seven little,eight little, nine little,indians, ten little indian boys. ten little,nine little, eight little,indians, seven little,six little, f

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语儿歌274首

By Anjana Pasricha New Delhi 01 November 2007 Indian stock markets touched record highs this week as foreign investors pour massive funds into one of the fastest-growing economies in the world. But as Anjana Pasricha reports from New Delhi, there are

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十一月)

By Shahnawaz Khan Srinagar 26 November 2007 The Indian Army has left schools and hospitals it had been occupying in Kashmir. Although the move is largely symbolic and no troop reductions in Kashmir are planned at the moment, the transfer has diminish

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十一月)

By Anjana Pasricha New Delhi 07 October 2007 Indian exports, particularly those by small and medium companies, have been hit by the recent surge in the rupee against the dollar. Anjana Pasricha has a report from New Delhi. The Farida Group, based in

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

With tensions increasing in the disputed Kashmir region, the foreign ministers of India and Pakistan met in the Sri Lankan capital for a closed-door discussion on the sidelines of a regional summit. VOA Correspondent Steve Herman reports from Colomb

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(八月)

Indian president Pranab Mukherjee's trip to China. After addressing the China-India Business Forum in Guangzhou to pitch business opportunities for Chinese investors in India, he traveled to Beijing to meet Chinese President Xi Jinping and deliver a

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

It's the silly season in India-China relations. If you've tuned into one of the more hawkish Indian television channels or are reading the views of the many experts on India and China, it might seem like the two countries are at each other's throats

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(273) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is calling for tough action to stem a surge of terrorist and communal violence that has claimed hundreds of lives in recent months across the country. Anjana Pasricha reports from New Delhi, much of the violence

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十月)

Its hard to argue with an old Indian or his tricks. I was driving Lonnie Little Bird up to Billings for an evening diabetes checkup at Deaconess Hospital when we pulled into the Blue Cow Caf, on the Crow Reservation just off I-90, for some supper. Th

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

Beginners. A few days ago, we had a yard sale. I actually held it over two mornings, out of my garage. Yard sales are very common in this area, and very popular too. Do you know what they are? I suppose the name explains the meaning; a sale of househ

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

An Indian court has ruled that the government has acted legally in taking back agricultural land leased to a company to build a car factory in West Bengal state. The government has pledged to hand the land back to farmers. The case has become a symbo

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The Indian government is promising to increase efforts against corruption(腐败), which has emerged as a major challenge for the country. India's president made the commitment(承诺,保证) during an address to parliament, which was stalled

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻