时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:大忙人学社交口语


英语课

   Do you want to hear a funny joke?


  你想听个有趣的笑话吗?
  OK. Are you sure it's funny, though?
  好啊,可是你确定它好笑呜?
  Well, you'll see.
  你不妨听听看。
  OK.
  好。
  OK, an Englishman 1, a Scotsman, and an Irishman were going on a trip across the desert, and they could only take one thing with them.
  好,有一个英格兰人、一个苏格兰人和一个爱尔兰人要横穿沙漠,而且每个人只能带一样东西。
  I see.
  我懂。
  So they met up at the start of the journey 2 and showed each other their equipment 3.
  于是他们在行程的起点见面时,把自己带的东西拿给其他人看。
  Oh, that's funny!
  噢,真好玩!
  Hang on, I haven't finished yet.
  等等,我还没说完。
  Oh, sorry.
  噢,抱歉。
  Well, as I was saying, they showed each other what they had decided 4 to bring.
  嗯,我说到他们把自己决定要带的东西拿给其他人看。
  The Englishman had brought some water.
  英格兰人带了一些水,
  "If we get thirsty, we'll have something to drink," he said.
  他说:“假如我们口渴了,我们就有东西可以喝。”
  The Scotsman brought a map. "If we get lost, we'll be able to find our way."苏格兰人带了一张地图:“假如我们迷路了,我们就可以靠它来找路。”
  The Irishman had brought a car door.
  爱尔兰人则带了一扇车门。
  A car door? You mean just one car door?
  车门?你是说一扇车门?
  Yep. A car door.
  没错,就是车门。
  "Why the door?" the others asked him.
  另外两个人问他说:“为什么要带车门?”
  "Well," he said, “If it gets hot, we can open the window." Do you get it?
  他说:“哦,假如天气热的话,我们就可以把车窗打开。”你听懂了吗?
  Well…
  哦……
 

1 Englishman
n.(pl.Englishmen)英国人;英国男人
  • I was astonished that he was not an Englishman.我很惊讶,他竟不是英国人。
  • She stared thoughtfully at the Englishman across the table.她若有所思地盯着桌子对面的那个英国人。
2 journey
n.旅行,旅程;路程
  • She will give up this journey.她将放弃这次旅行。
  • The journey home was great fun.回家的旅程非常有趣。
3 equipment
n.装备,设备
  • In the new factory all the equipment was up to date.这个新工厂里的所有设备都是现代化的。
  • The oil company will ship out the heavy equipment.石油公司将用船运送重型设备。
4 decided
adj.决定了的,坚决的;明显的,明确的
  • This gave them a decided advantage over their opponents.这使他们比对手具有明显的优势。
  • There is a decided difference between British and Chinese way of greeting.英国人和中国人打招呼的方式有很明显的区别。
标签: 社交口语