Native Americans Work to Save Language FORT YATES, NORTH DAKOTA One evening a week, young and old gather in Michael Moores classroom in Fort Yates, North Dakota, to learn Lakota the language of their Sioux tribal ancestors. For many of the students h

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(十一月)

一、语言第一位 四、六级写作重点考查考生的英语表达能力。阅卷老师最重视的是语言,考生最需要提高的也是语言。有的同学以为使用一些高难词汇就能取得高分,其实不然。中英文写作都讲究平淡如水、简洁就是美、绚烂之极,归于平淡。 美国作家海明威经常使用小学词汇,

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

Learning to Read in Safaliba Helps Ghanaian Kids Learn English 学习用Safaliba语言读书有助于加纳孩子学英语 Ghanas official national language is English. But for most citizens English is also a second language. Until recently, children

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(五)月

介绍: feel like (doing) sth 想做某事 I feel like (going for) a swim. 我想(去)游泳。 feel for someone 怜悯,感觉同身受 I am sorry to hear that. I feel for you. 听到这个消息我很抱歉。我懂得你感受。 I feel for h

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

1. How Long Will It Take to Learn English 学会英语要多长时间 【背景介绍】 初到美国的中国学生,往往要先过语言关,然后才可以选修其他的课程。下面这段对话就是一个正在进修语言的中国学生的

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 突破英文对话

图片1 As Harp and Robin explain in this episode, to tear a strip off someone, is to get very upset at them and to express that emotion in a very harsh and angry way. This could involve yelling or screaming, or just very angry, mean words. As you ca

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

【剧情简介】热热闹闹的舞会结束了,班纳特家的两姐妹说起了悄悄话。Jane 对Mr.Bingley 一见钟情,爱慕有加。Elizabeth 轻松诙谐的道出了被Mr.Darcy 冷遇的

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

胡敏读故事记单词——大学英语四级词汇(A字头) 第3页 abandon ~ accent At times I like to abandon my ability to speak and write in an academic way, which my friends call an abuse

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

美国学生受韩流影响学习韩语 Thanks to the Internet and websites like YouTube,pop music and dramas in South Korean have caught on outside Asia. 凭借YouTube这样的网络宣传,韩国的流行音乐和电视剧已经引起了亚洲以外地

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(九月)

If you speak more than one language, you have a better chance of staving off memory loss and, possibly, the mental and physical decline associated with Alzheimers disease. New research shows that even learning a new language later in life can delay t

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2011年3月

图片1 There are so many different people in Montreal from all over the world. Not one of us in the Culips team is actually from Montreal (were from other parts of Canada). But we have a friend Rita who is actually from this city! In this episode, M

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

今天我们要学的词是bilingual。 Bilingual, 会说两种语言的。有研究认为, People who are bilingual are better at multitasking, 会说两种语言的人更善于同时做好几件事情。另外有研究发现, Being bilingual ma

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a short essay on the topic of Online Shopping. You should write at least 120 words following the outline given below: 1.现在网上购物已成为一种时尚 2.网上购物有很多好处

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级作文范文

Fetus Learning 胎教是真的吗? Y:Did you know that infants prefer their mothers voices to that of other females? And that they will change their behavior in order to solicit her voice? D: Sounds reasonable to me. Y: Ok, but did you know that a

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

What! You know German? I exclaimed. 什么!你会说德语?我喊。 Like most Flemish people, with all due respect to master. 这不至于使先生不高兴吧,我像普通佛兰德人一样,会说德语。 On the contrary, my respect is due

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

Yael: Don, what came first? Language or perception? Don: Hey, is this one of those questions with no answer? Y: No definitive answer, but a couple of theories. The first is that the language you speak affects how you perceive the world. D: So people

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

Todd: So, Deanne, you are saying that you can, now you can look at someone and tell what sign they are -- their horoscope sign? Deanne: I can't look at somebody but I can speak with them and a lot of their characteristics and how they think. I can tr

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

What Came First, Language or Perception? Have you ever wondered what came first? Language or perception? Find out on this Moment of Science. Yael: Down,what came first? Language or Perception? Down:Hey!Is this one of those questions with no answer? Y

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest