As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. 当我们表达感谢时,我们绝不能忘记感恩的最高形式不是说出的话,而是实际的作为。(John Kenn

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 Daily English-2015.11

11. Love Words 甜言蜜语 There are not enough words to tell you I love you, not enough ways to show you I care, not enough laughter and good times to wish you, not enough wonderful moments to share. A million bright mornings would not be too many, wa

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

Light sleeper 睡觉轻的人 ① I'm a light sleeper. 我睡觉很轻。 ② I'm a light sleeper so the thunderstorm kept me up all night. 我睡觉很轻,昨晚的暴风雨让我整夜无眠。 kept me up all night (某些事情)让你整晚睡

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

情景对话: Rita: He's obsessed with the '90s. Max: But you weren't even born. Elliot: I know. I blame her. She couldn't find a man till late in life. Rita: There go the pedicures. 知识点笔记: Pedicure 美脚 Manicure 美甲 Facial 做脸

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

Words and Their Stories - How to Be a Good Egg and the Salt of the Earth Now, the VOA Learning English program Words and Their Stories. 现在是美国之音慢速英语词汇典故节目。 We present more expressions about food. They are from Eleni

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Abraham Lincoln Funeral Re-created for 150th Civil War Anniversary 亚伯拉罕林肯遇刺150周年 葬礼重现世人表达缅怀之情 SPRINGFIELD, ILLINOIS Over the last four years, commemorative events to mark the 150th anniversary of the U.S. C

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(五月)

It's up to you. 随你 Im ok with anything.都行 Im cool with anything. Anything is good/fine. Anything works. Anything will do. Anything goes. Bob: What are you gonna have for lunch? 你午饭准备吃啥? Ben: Im cool with anything. Lets just gr

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

情景对话: In a scenario like this, I don't suppose it is bad form to just flip a coin. Heads or tails? I'll do the body in the acid, okay? Heads or tails? Heads. Best two out of three? 知识点笔记: Flip a coin 扔硬币 Let's flip a coin.

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

Some Pakistanis are shocked and angry over the U.S. commando attack that killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden in Pakistan. 一些巴基斯坦人对美国特种部队到巴基斯坦袭击并击毙基地组织领导人本拉登表示震惊和不满。

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2011年5月

在本段《生活大爆炸》剧情中,一个大学教授去世了,Leonard他们三个被派去清理教授留下的物品。 Leonard在教授的房间里找到了一瓶保存了50年的酒,然后他说: He saved this fifty years and never g

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

介绍: Piss off v. 生气 I am gonna walk to work in the morning. This traffic really pisses me off! 我打算早上步行上班。这交通状况太让我生气了。 Enraged adj. 非常生气的 My boss was enraged when we lost that important cu

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

图片1 Sometimes we have a plan to do something and it does not work. In that case we need to plan something different, and that is when we use this expression. If you want to listen to this podcast, but your internet is not working, you will have t

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

下面我拿PP2中真题的一个SECTION的详细讲解来示范填空的正确思维做题和找对应的方法: 8.Inspiteoftheincreasing_______oftheiropinions,thegroupknewtheyhadtoarriveataconsens

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

介绍: ①Youre welcome. A. Than you so much, Brian, for taking notes for me in last weeks biology class. Brian, 谢谢你上周生物课替我记笔记。 B. Youre welcome. 不客气; ②Its my pleasure. (my pleasure) A. Thanks for fixing my lapt

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

Be familiar with sth/sb (某人)很了解某人/通晓某件事情 to know something or someone well John is very familiar with software development. Hes been working in IT for 20 years. John很了解软件开发。他做IT已经有20年了。 I

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

As Congress and the Bush administration continued negotiations on a $15 billion loan for U.S. auto companies, a group of autoworkers traveled to Washington to draw attention to their concerns about the future of the American auto industry. 美国国会

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年12月