HOW TO MAKE FRIENDS WITH FOREIGNERS Just the other day, I was in a bookshop and spotted a volume entitled How to Make Friends with Foreigners by Li Yang of Crazy English fame.Naturally, as a foreigner who has been living in China for a year, I was cu

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(139) / 评论(0) 分类 四级晨读英语美文

Here in the Back Alley food markets, one of the most interesting foods you can try, are live scorpions. They take live scorpions and fry them, and put them on a stick, put them in your mouth. Taste just like any other fried food youd ever have. Very

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

Welcome to JaJah Babel. To translate from English to Chinese, press 1; to translate from Chinese to English, press 2 And it's really that simple, using your cellphone and software fittingly called Babel from a Silicon Valley company called Jajah to t

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

1、Hold your horses. 等等。 【例句一】 A: Come on, we're gonna be late. 快点,我们要晚了。 B: Hold your horses. We still have 20 minutes. 等等,我们还有20分钟呢。 【例句二】 Hold your horses will you? I'm coming as f

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(270) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

E: How time flies! We have been in Beijing for almost 4 years. B: yes, I can still recall the days when we were all seniors at college. I asked you whether you would go back to your hometown or not. E: yeah, feels like yesterday. Now Im almost settle

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 和老外聊天地道口语

S: I'm going to work in a multi-national enterprise after gradution. J: but you said your dream was to be an entrepreneur, to be your own boss. S: I'll do it someday. But it's not the right time now. I have to learn a lot by working as an employee. J

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 和老外聊天地道口语

L: the last thing to be ignored at a Chinese dinner table is to keep modest. J: does that suggest diners avoid speaking much? The same is true in the West. L: no, alsolutely not! On the contrary, you'll be considered a well-connected, sociable man, i

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 和老外聊天地道口语

R: not a single email until now? it's already twelve o'clock. I can't believe it! A: can't bear it, right? I've been there before. I'll feel comfortable if no one calls me or sends me text messages, like there is something missing. R: yeah, that's ri

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 和老外聊天地道口语

C: what's wrong with you? Why do you look so sad? J: I've lost all my files from the computer. It's a total disaster. C: How did that happen? J: three days ago, my laptop went on strike. I couldn't enter the Windows system. As I was about to give it

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 和老外聊天地道口语

M: Hi, Sam. I want to buy a pet. Do you have any ideas? S: You really should go to Rachel's pet store. M: why? anything special there? S: it's more than special. You can find as many kinds of animals as you can put a name to and more. M: Oh, really?

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 和老外聊天地道口语

Yang: Bob! Your eyes look bloodshot. Did you not sleep well? Bob: I had a drop too much last night. I attended a banquet given by a Chinese colleague of mine. And it was startling for me to find that people are forced to drink against their will on a

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 和老外聊天地道口语

M: who is your favorite NBA star? J: Kobe Bryant, of course. M: Kobe? I know him, the key guy of the Lakers, a heck of a NBA player. He is on fire when he breaks through enermy defense. J: He is competent both in driving the lane and shooting jumpers

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 和老外聊天地道口语

E: I just received a phone call for an interview next week. A: Congratulations! This is your first interview ever. E: thank you, but I'm nervous.I don't know what to do.Could you tell me what should I do before an interview? A: sure, you should prepa

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 和老外聊天地道口语

K: it's getting cold. R: yes. I bought a scarf yesterday. It's really nice and warm. Have a look. K: Oh, it's made of wool. I like the striped pattern. R: yes, I adore simple fashions. How does it look on me? K: it looks great, but you need something

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 和老外聊天地道口语

Steve: Matthew? Hi! Matthew: Steve! Haven't seen you in ages! How long's it been? Steve: it's got to be almost a year now. M: how have you been? S: I'm pretty good. I've been looking for a place to live recently. My lease runs out next month and I do

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 和老外聊天地道口语

Ellen: it seems the department still has some money left in the budget. Do you have any suggestions how to use it before the budget is renewed? Bob: what about renting a restaurant and treating the empployees to a nice dinner? E: but we've done that

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 和老外聊天地道口语

下面我们来学几个短语。 1. be used to 习惯于 这是个形容词性短语,短语中的to是介词,后面接名词或者代词。如果要时候习惯于做某事的话,遇到的是动词,就要使用动词的动名词形式,即:

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语早间课堂

情景对话: Caroline: It was an accident. I swear. I love fish. I would never hurt one. 我发誓这是意外,我超爱鱼,我永远不会伤害它们。 知识点讲解: It was an accident. 那是个意外/我不是故意的。 【例句一】

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

Dialogue 1 Mark: What have you been up to, Jingjing? 马克:最近忙什么呢,京晶? Jingjing: Things have been a little hectic at work. 京晶:最近有点忙乱。 Mark: I'm sure you can manage. Anyway, there are just a few weeks before t

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Topic 1-New Trend of Teenage Violence Causes Public Concern Two teenagers have allegedly beaten a 70-year-old man to death earlier this month in Shandong Province. This is another case of teenage violence thats reached the headlines. Is teenage viole

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议