In whats believed to be a first Londons Imperial College Business School is using holographic technology to present lectures to students. From California Marrowli NaicaGoogles product manager was beamed onto a stage like Magic. The head of Imperials

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(十一月)

Thousands of migrants walked through Mexico toward the US border on Thursday. The caravan was formed October 12th in crime-and poverty-ridden Honduras. Some people dropped off and others joined the caravan along the way. This is the second such carav

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(十一月)

Scientists Test Different Ways for Saving Rhinos 科学家们尝试不同的方式拯救犀牛 The African rhino is a seriously endangered species and one subspecies, the northern white rhinoceros, is on the brink of extinction. After the recent deat

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(八月)

New Test Set to Be Game Changer in Eradicating Malaria 新测试将颠覆的改变根除疟疾方式 NAIROBI, KENYA The World Health Organization estimates 3.4 billion people are at risk of malaria, with children under the age of five and pregnant wo

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(四月)

阅读理解是大学英语四、六级考试中的一个重要组成部分,所占分数的比例也最高,因此也直接关系到考生能否通过考试或取得优异成绩。 那么,如何提

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

For Vietnam veteran Brian Delate, saying goodbye to a wartime friend came after the fighting had ceased. We turn now to a US soldier from another war, Brian Delate fought in Vietnam. When his teenage daughter had some questions about his service dur

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

Psychologist Barbara Held of Maine believes that a little kvetching makes for a better outlook on life. I believe in mystery. I believe in family. I believe in being who I am. I believe in the power of failure. And I believe normal life is extraordi

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

Reporter: Whats that about? 记者:那是关于什么的呢? Chambers: The first one was a little bit uncomfortable, because its very unprofessional. You just basically put a camera there, and then you go. By the second one, I realized this was g

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 世界500强CEO访谈

Reporter: You invest a lot in R and D about three point five billion dollars, that's the figure I read, on a revenue of about twenty five billion dollars. This is a huge amount. We know that you have research centers not only in the US, other places

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 世界500强CEO访谈

Reporter: What are the most important leadership lessons you've learned? 记者:您所学过的有关领导方面的最重要的内容是什么呢? Chambers: People think of us as a product of our successes. Id actually argue that were a product

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 世界500强CEO访谈

AS IT IS 2014-04-06 Researchers Look for Non-Traditional Ways to Fight Weeds 研究人员寻找非传统的方式来消灭杂草 Hello and welcome to As It Is. Im Jonathan Evans in Washington. On our program today, we have two reports on agriculture.

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Asiana Adopts New Pilot Training After US Crash 韩亚航空采用新方式训练飞行驾驶员 WASHINGTON After a deadly crash landing last summer in San Francisco, Asiana Airlines is changing its training for pilots to encourage crews to talk more

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(二月)

Revolutionizing Power in Refugee Camps Could Save Lives and Money 改革难民营能源供给方式或能拯救人民生命 LONDON Millions of dollars and thousands of lives could be saved by overhauling the way energy is provided to refugee camps, a

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(十一月)

英语学习笔记: Half of the people who have embarked on a one hundred mile journey may fallby the way side. 行百里者半九十。 (注:这里张璐理解错了,实际意思是一百里的路程,走到九十里也只能算是才开始一半

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

今日知识点: 聊天技巧:赞美 That's a cute dog. 好可爱的狗狗。 如果你是被搭讪的,最简单的回答: Oh, thank you. 谢谢。 同理,我们还可以夸别人的穿着,打扮: Nice dress. 裙子真好看。 Cool sha

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

'Stop Beating Kids!' read the darkly inked headline. After studying the results of a survey it conducted among 250 schools and 1,550 students, the Humanistic Education Foundation (HEF) found as many as 88% of our junior high schools still use some fo

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

U.S. President Barack Obama is ordering changes in the way the federal government does business. The goal is to root out wasteful spending in tough economic times. 美国总统奥巴马下令改变联邦政府的运作方式,目的是在经济困难时

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年3月