In the U.S., flu season starts next month. It's a time when flu epidemics often break out in the country. The Centers for Disease Control says it can last from October to May. This year, a group of American Pediatrician says flu mist, a nasal spray,

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2016年9月

知名博主建议美国减少干涉 The Civil War in Syria and the Islamic State groups rapid seizure of land in both Syria and Iraq have challenged and confused Western policymakers. One way of understanding what is happening there is to look at Ce

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(十二月)

Asking for Advice What do you think I should do? What do you suggest? What would you do (in this situation)? Giving Advice I think you should get a lawyer. Maybe you should try someplace else. Why don't you call the company? If I were you, I would te

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 跟我学英语入门篇

a few 几个 (用于可数名词前) a good idea 一个好主意 a little 少许 (用于不可数名词前 ) advice 建议 idea 主意 instead 代替 less (little的比较级)较少的,更小的 make some coffee 泡一杯咖啡 pity 遗憾

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第一册单词MP3

It sounds too good to be true. Convince young people to embrace the European Union by giving all 18 year-olds a free pass to travel around the continent by train, a pass worth up to 500 dollars. The idea has been gaining currency after a speech last

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

Where is the shelf of best-sellers? Books in the first aisle are all best sellers. Could you give me some advice on books for killing time on the train? Well, do you like novels? Yes, very much. Which one is the latest? Here is one written by famous

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语900句

Kerry: US Open to Cooperation with Iran to Help Iraq 克里建议美国去伊朗合作打击伊拉克极端组织 WASHINGTON The Pentagon has downplayed speculation about U.S. and Iranian military cooperation in Iraq, hours after Secretary of State J

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(六月)

U.S. President Barack Obama said halting the nuclear weapons threat from Iran would reduce the need for a planned missile defense shield in Eastern Europe. But Mr. Obama denied he has told Russia he will rethink the missile shield program if Moscow p

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年3月

FAA Study Issues Recommendations to Correct Pilot Overreliance on Automation 美国联邦航空局建议飞行员不要过分依赖自动化 The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration has released a comprehensive study that says airline pilots are rely

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十一月)

今天我们要学的词shy away from。 Shy away from, 意思是避开,回避。中央电视台最近开启了北美分台, The editorial staff at CCTV America say they won't shy away from touchy topics such as human rights, 股票大亨巴菲特最

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

The top U.S. military commander in Iraq and the U.S. ambassador told Congress Tuesday that progress in Iraq is fragile and reversible, and called for continuing U.S. commitment, including an open-ended pause in U.S. troop withdrawals after the last o

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年4月

The head of the International Atomic Energy Agency is urging Tehran to accept a U.S. offer for dialogue and also allow better monitoring of its disputed nuclear program. The move follows disputed presidential elections in Iran, which did not appear t

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年6月

Two former U.S. Secretaries of State are recommending that the United States change its procedures for deciding to go to war. 两位前美国国务卿建议,美国改变本国参战的程序。 James Baker and Warren Christopher say a U.S. presiden

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年7月