Today's first story takes us to South Africa. There have been some big question mark hanging over the nation's government, primarily what will happen to President Jacob Zuma. The 75-year-old became leader of the parliamentary republic after his polit

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2018年3月

Hi, I'm Donna Barnes. I'm a life and relationship coach, and owner of NY Dating Coach in New York City. In this clip well talk about how to deal with rejection. And the first thing you do is not look at it like rejection. If he's not interested in yo

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2011年

This is AP News Minute. Authorities in Jacksonville, Florida say a gunman took his own life after killing two people at a video game tournament. Nine people were shot and wounded and two more were hurt as crowds tried to flee. The Jacksonville sherif

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2018(八)月

英国丹麦拒绝接收厄立特里亚难民 Eritreans are the third largest group of refugees arriving on Europe's shores, after Syrians and Afghans. 继叙利亚和阿富汗难民后,厄立特里亚难民是抵达欧洲海岸的第三大集团。

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(一月)

Israel has rejected a call by the United States for a total freeze on settlement expansion in the occupied territories. 以色列拒绝美国关于冻结在被占领土地上扩建定居点的要求。 Israel said construction in Jewish settlements w

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年5月

The noose may be tightening around Israel's embattled prime minister in a corruption scandal, but he is pressing on. 身陷腐败丑闻的以色列总理奥尔默特的处境可能越来越艰难了,但是他仍然没有退意。 Prime Minister Ehu

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年5月

秋天是我最喜欢的季节,空气清新,阳光明媚。在这美丽的季节,欢迎回到Faith口语课堂-天天学,我是Faith老师。今天的英语快乐之旅开始了。 Sandra同学提问,如何用英语表达暂时,有一个英

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 faith电台天天学口语

Hello! Uncha Company. Hello. Can I speak to your manager,please? Sorry,he is being abroad on business. May I ask who is calling? Jack Edison. May I take a message? No,thanks. It's a personal call. He'll be back next week. I'll tell him you called. Th

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语900句

《英语流行话题阅读:语境识词3500》Unit89:拒绝小费的中国

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语境识词

哥伦比亚广播公司:我们通常认为背后说人闲话是女孩子经常干的事情,然而,一项调查显示,这种现象其实在男孩子中间更为普遍. 男生其实比女生更爱背后说闲话! CBS News: Mean girls may be getting a

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 双语趣听精彩世界

The Labour leader in Scotland today, whose party's toughest battleground which is why Ed Miliband didn't want the Scottish nationals on the stage in this TV debates. But today he formally signed up to the broadcaster's schedule to put pressure on the

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

The thorny issue of Jewish settlements topped the agenda at Israel's weekly Cabinet meeting. The right-wing government is hardening its position. 犹太人定居点这一棘手问题是以色列每周内阁会议的重点议程。右翼政府加强了自

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年8月

11.Someartistsimmodestlyidealizeorexaggeratethesignificanceoftheirwork;yetothers________toexalttheroleoftheartist,rejectatranscendentviewofart. A.appearing B.disdaining C.seeking D.failing E.tending K

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

U.S. President Donald Trump has signed a proclamation that will prevent certain migrants from seeking asylum in America. Here's what that means. Asylum refers to protection for people who are being mistreated. For those who are persecuted in their ho

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2018年12月

David: Why has Joyce been moping around all week? Whats wrong with her? Victoria: Shes suffering from a broken heart. Her boyfriend broke up with her over the weekend. They had been together for two years. David: Did she tell you the gruesome details

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

The Bush administration said Wednesday it will not accept a North Korean nuclear declaration that does not fulfill Pyongyang's obligations under the six-party disarmament accord. U.S. intelligence officials are preparing to brief congressional leader

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年4月

Love Really Does Hurt 爱很伤? In a recent study, scientists observed that when the participants felt reject ed , the flow of blood increased to the area of their brain known as the anterior cingulated cortex . This same area has been associated

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

When I was six years old, my first grade teacher had this brilliant idea. She wanted us to experience receiving gifts but also learning the virtue of complimenting each other. And she said, Why don't we just stand here and compliment each other? If y

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台