A: Do you want to go catch a movie tonight? 你今晚想看电影吗? B: I can't, I have to go to the gym. 我不想,我要去健身房。 A: Come on! You can go tomorrow, just skip it today. It's not as if you are gonna get in trouble! 去看电影

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

Salesperson : Hello there, welcome to Wine World. Let me know if I can help you out at all. 你好,欢迎来到酒的世界。有什么可以帮助的吗? Customer : Um, yes, please, I could really use some help. I'm going over to my boss'house f

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

Urban Legends 都市传奇 A : Have you read all these crazy things that are going on around the world? 你读了所有遍布全世界疯狂的事了吗? B : What do you mean? 你是什么意思? A : I was reading about how some people get tricke

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

A : I think we should home school our children when we decide to have kids. 我认为当我们决定有孩子的时候应该在家教育他们。 B : What? Why? 什么?为什么? A : Well, our public schools here are not very good and private sch

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

Israeli aircraft and warships bombarded Palestinian targets again Monday - the third day of an offensive against Hamas and its infrastructure in the Gaza Strip. More than 300 Palestinians have been reported killed and hundreds more injured. Two Israe

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年12月

President Barack Obama has been under pressure to recast the nation's relations with Cuba and ease decades of restrictions on the Communist government. Already the president has ended travel limits on Cuban-Americans and called for new talks between

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年12月

The top U.S. military officer says critics who claim it will take years to even have a chance to defeat the Afghan insurgency ignore the fact that a similar counterinsurgency strategy turned around a similarly difficult situation in Iraq in 2007. The

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2010年7月

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Wednesday she deplores the reported abuse in custody of Iranians rounded up in protests of the country's disputed June 12 presidential election. Clinton discussed the situation in Iran with visiting Britis

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年7月

The head of the International Atomic Energy Agency expressed frustration Thursday that neither Iran nor Syria been completely transparent about their alleged nuclear activities. 国际原子能机构总干事星期四对伊朗和叙利亚在它们核活

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(20) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年11月

Ordering At An Italian Restaurant 在意大利餐馆点餐 A: Good evening ladies. My name is Josh and I'll be your server tonight. May I take your order? 晚上好,女士们。我是服务生Josh,为您服务。准备好要点餐了吗? B: Do

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

Tracy: Melanie, can you help me with something? We need to finalize the account with the Mexican Embassy and, I need some advice on phrasing this letter correctly in English. Melanie: Sure Tracy, let me just get my laptop all set. Tracy: Okay, so...

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

美国总公司代表Pete来北京视察,Jack和Henry陪他出去吃饭。Jack 说, J: You two gentlemen wait here for a second and I'll go make reservations and pick up the car. H: Alright. So Pete...first time in China? P: Second. The first tim

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

America's top military officer says he is encouraged by Pakistani actions to quell violence along the border with Afghanistan. Senior U.S. and Pakistani military leaders met this week on an American aircraft carrier to discuss the violence. 一位美国

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年8月

Special U.S. peace envoy George Mitchell is in Egypt as part of a push to resume Arab-Israeli peace talks. 美国和平特使乔治.米切尔正在埃及访问。这是美国推动阿拉伯世界和以色列恢复和平谈判的一部分。 George Mi

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年7月