Ordering At An Italian Restaurant 在意大利餐馆点餐 A: Good evening ladies. My name is Josh and I'll be your server tonight. May I take your order? 晚上好,女士们。我是服务生Josh,为您服务。准备好要点餐了吗? B: Do

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

Tracy: Melanie, can you help me with something? We need to finalize the account with the Mexican Embassy and, I need some advice on phrasing this letter correctly in English. Melanie: Sure Tracy, let me just get my laptop all set. Tracy: Okay, so...

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

美国总公司代表Pete来北京视察,Jack和Henry陪他出去吃饭。Jack 说, J: You two gentlemen wait here for a second and I'll go make reservations and pick up the car. H: Alright. So Pete...first time in China? P: Second. The first tim

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

老板Tom打电话给秘书Susan. Tom: (On the phone) Hey Susan, how are things at the office? S: Oh, hi boss. Things are fine. But...aren't you supposed to be on a plane right now? I booked you on a 9:30 flight out of Hong Kong. T: Um...Yeah. I shou

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

老板Tom的班机因为台风来袭而停飞,从机场打电话给秘书Susan布置工作。 Tom: And if you don't mind, call our factory in China and see if things are OK there. I'm worried about flooding. S: Sure thing, boss. T: I'll tell you wh

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

老板Tom的班机因为台风来袭而停飞,Tom从机场打电话给秘书Susan,了解公司在中国的工厂有没有受到台风的破坏。 (Phone rings) T: Susan? S: Yes? T: It's bad news. All flights for the rest of the day have been canc

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: The editorial boards of the Miami Herald, Palm Beach Post and South Florida Sun Sentinel are working together to issue a warning with help from WLRN public media. They want people to take the threat of sea level rise seriously. Fre

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

The Obama administration's short-term goal is to get North Korea back to the so-called, six-party talks. Its long-term aim is to have North Korea give ups its nuclear weapons program. 奥巴马政府的短期目标是使北韩重返所谓六方会谈;

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年12月

A panel of British lawmakers warns that Afghanistan could implode and Iraq become a failed state, without strong support from the West and neighboring countries. 英国议会一个委员会警告说,如果得不到西方国家和邻国的有力支持

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2011年2月

The top U.S. military officer, Admiral Mike Mullen, says he has seen no indication that North Korea will conduct a missile test this weekend, to coincide with the U.S. Independence Day celebration. 美国高级军事官员马伦上将表示,他没有

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年7月

Washington's main envoy on the North Korean nuclear issue is in Pyongyang, aiming to convince leaders there not to reverse promises they made last year. If the talks fail, the stage could be set for the North to produce more material that can be used

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年10月

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama has drawn wide support from college students and other youthful voters, many of whom have volunteered for his campaign. But Republicans, now holding their convention in St. Paul, Minnesota, are also tryi

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年9月

DAVID GREENE, HOST: We're getting into the holiday season. And often, this time of year, I think about books. I mean, they're great gift ideas. And also, it's just that time of year when you want to curl up in front of the fireplace with a good book.

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

Jude Law, star of Sherlock Holmes, has gone public with his reconciled romance with British actress Sienna Miller, despite cheating allegations and a very public break up in 2005. The pair were photographed together on the red carpet at a charity gal

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Israeli forces have evicted scores of Jewish settlers who had refused court orders to leave a house in the West Bank town of Hebron. The violence Thursday left about 20 people injured and has raised concerns of wider protests by Jewish settlers. 以色

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年12月

Congressional Democrats say they have reached agreement with the White House on a deal to give U.S. automakers billions of dollars in loans and require the companies to restructure to stay competitive in the global marketplace. Although the deal has

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年12月

Congress and the White House are close to a deal to give struggling U.S. automakers $15 billion in loans and require the industry to restructure in order to survive in the marketplace. 美国国会和白宫在为陷入困境的美国汽车制造公司提

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年12月

U.S. defense officials responded cautiously Thursday to a report that Pakistan plans to give weapons to thousands of men in its western region so they can join the fight against militants who have taken refuge in the area. 美国国防部官员星期四

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年10月

South Korean military officials say they believe North Korea is hoping to develop a nuclear weapon that can be delivered by missile. The unusually frank public statement was made amid reports North Korea has conducted a routine test of its short rang

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年10月

After receiving new evidence in recent days, the U.S. military is launching a higher level investigation of its air strike in Afghanistan two weeks ago, in which dozens of people were killed. The initial U.S. investigation said the strike had killed

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年9月