Claire告诉同事Jessica,上司Kevin跟她动手动脚,让她很不舒服。Jessica说,这是性骚扰,自己以前也遇到过。她的做法是: J: One day when my boss made a joke about my body, I spoke up and told him - in front of sev

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

美国总公司代表Pete来北京视察,由中国雇员Jack接待。 Jack: Good evening, Pete. I trust you had a nice siesta. Pete: Yes. It was just what the doctor ordered. J: I'd like you to meet Henry Johnson. Mr. Johnson has been working at ou

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

公司副总裁Jason到上海出差,由Gina接待。Jason让Gina帮忙选礼物。 Jason: Hey! You know what might be good gifts for my business associates? Chinese antiques! G: Well, we certainly have lots of antique art, statues and carvings, but

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

公司开会, 经理Nick高兴地宣布, Nick: Well folks...I've got good news! Everything is finalized and we will be setting up a booth at the trade fair in Frankfurt! (Sound of people clapping) Elaine: That's great news! The application proces

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

公司开会,经理Nick宣布,他们要在法兰克福的纺织品交易会上设展台。大家头脑激荡,看需要做哪些准备。Mark说, M: The booth staff shouldn't give away too much info about our manufacturing process. Basically t

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

很久不见的好友Lisa, Karen和Gina一起吃饭。Lisa先到,注意听她帮朋友点了些什么菜。 Lisa: Karen! Gina! So good to see you! Sit down! Karen: Hi, Lisa! Gina: Good to see you, too! It's been so long! L: Indeed it has! I ordered

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Robert正在向中国来的同事Penny介绍理解和掌握单词的经验。 R: You could buy an English-language magazine about news or fashion. Read through the articles and underline and look up the words you don't know. Then read the article or

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

来自中国的雇员Penny跟同事Robert聊天儿。 Penny Liu: Hey, Robert! I was listening to you speak Chinese at the presentation yesterday! You're fluent! Robert: Oh, that's kind of you to say, but in reality I'm just able to hold a conversatio

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Pope Benedict XVI issued another strong appeal on Sunday for a humanitarian corridor to be opened to allow aid to get through to the displaced in Georgia. 天主教教皇本笃十六世星期天再次强烈呼吁在格鲁吉亚开辟人道主义通道,

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年8月

U.S. President George Bush says Russia must not lay claim to the breakaway Georgian republics of South Ossetia and Abkhazia. Mr. Bush says all Russia forces must leave Georgia. Russia says there is no timetable for that withdrawal. 美国总统布什说

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年8月

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says Russian troops have no timetable for withdrawing from Georgia under a cease-fire agreement both sides have signed. Lavrov told reporters in Moscow today the pullout is contingent on the security situation i

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年8月

B: Tom, arent you a little too old to be trick-or - treating? A: What are you talking about? Where is your Halloween spirit ? Didnt you ever dress up in a costume and go around the neighborhood trick-or-treating with your friends? B: Of course, I d

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

A: OK, thats fine. Bye. B: What happened? A: Thats it, my lease is up. I have to move. B: What? Why? Cant you renew it? A: The owner apparently is selling this place to make way for the construction of a parking lot B: Well, I can help you pack. We s

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

A:Its been a long time since I last saw you. Where have you been? B: The exams and plans I have to turn in in are driving me crazy, I dont even have time to sleep. A: Its the same for me. Im up to my neck in work, but at least finals are coming soon

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

Microsoft: US Schools Short on Computer Science Training A new study of American teachers suggests that there is a major shortage of computer science training in U.S. schools. 一项针对美国教师的最新调查表明,美国学校的计算机科学

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Simulating Blindness Might Help Improve Hearing 模拟失明或有助于提高听力 A new report suggests it might be possible to change the circuitry of the brain to better process sound, a finding that could give renewed hope to the 350 million pe

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(二月)

My Waterloo advanture begins in C* in the southeast of England. These history enthusiasts rehearsing for huge reenactments of the battle some a*'s 200 anniversary. Some have ancestors who were there. When the French army of Napoleon Bonaparte's looke

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2015年

A court has ruled that the Thai prime minister, his party and his coalition partners are banned from politics. The decision led the anti-government People's Alliance for Democracy to pledge to allow flights to resume at Bangkok's international airpor

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年12月

A trio of U.S. senators is in South Asia, one of several sets of high-level foreign visitors trying to defuse rising tension between India and Pakistan following the Mumbai terror attacks. Meanwhile, India is renewing demands Pakistan hand over wante

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年12月

U.S. President George Bush is pledging full support for the investigation into the terrorist attack in Mumbai that killed roughly 175 people in India's financial capital. President Bush has asked Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to travel to India

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(19) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年12月