Before 'Humans Of New York,' Terkel Showed Dignity In Everyday People In 'Working' play pause stop mute unmute max volume 00:0003:41repeat repeat off Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(192) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

For most of America, this is a busy time, shopping, wrapping presents, waiting in line at the post office. But in Hollywood there is another form of frantic activity going on, it's all directed toward the upcoming award season, the Golden Globes, the

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年NPR美国国家公共电台

I'm a news junkie. I like to read two newspapers everyday. I don't just look at the headlines. I read most of the stories. I like the political news, the business news, the editorials, and the entertainment news. The only things I don't usually read

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

MICHEL MARTIN, HOST: It's no secret that corruption is widespread in Kenya. But recently, the conversation about it got real when a bus driver confronted the police and the president with a story of bribery on national television. NPR's Eyder Peralta

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

I read that the life expectancy of people in a small village near the Blue Mountains is up to 88. That's really high! Do you know the reason? I have no idea. I think that it has something to do with water they drink everyday. In that way, we can do s

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语900句

Paying people a compliment appears to activate the same reward center in the brain as paying them cash, Japanese researchers said on April 23. They said the study offers scientific support for the long-held assumption that people get a psychological

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(217) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

A Chongqing girl has touched thousands of hearts on China's social network, Weibo.24-year-old Huang Lihua lives in southwest Chinas Chongqing municipality, where she owns a BBQ skewer restaurant. Worried that her grandmother was becoming dispirited w

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年07月

By Lisa Schlein Geneva 14 May 2008 Scientists say new evidence links certain chemicals to the development of obesity. About 2,500 international experts are attending the 16th European Congress on Obesity in Geneva. Lisa Schlein reports for VOA the pa

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(五月)

ROBERT SIEGEL, HOST: Consumers in North Korea can now buy a local version of Spam, not to mention Oreo-like cookies from Vietnam. And in the capital Pyongyang at least, everyone's looking down at their cell phones. These are things that journalist Je

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

介绍: Photogenic /fəʊtəˈdʒenɪk/ 上相的,上镜的 I dont like to take photos because I'm not very photogenic. 我不太上相,所以我不喜欢拍照。 Selfie 自拍 groupie 一群人自拍 She posts selfies on her moment everyday.

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

I need another story Something to get off my chest My life gets kind of boring Need something that I can confess Till all my sleeves are stained red From all the truth that I've said Come by it honestly I swear Thought you saw wink, no I've been on t

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲