CHAPTER 12 An Empty Can When Spot came up with the hat in his mouth, Benny cried, The blue hat at last! The man was afraid to wear it, shouted Mike. This proves that the man was up to no good, said Henry slowly. And he is the man in the picture! shou

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 5 迈克的谜案 Mike's Mystery

Unit 67 Some Kids Are Orchids Most of us think we know the kind of kid who becomes a killer, and most of the time we are right. Boys commit about 85% of all youth homicides, and in those cases about 90% conform to a pattern in which the line from bad

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语流行话题阅读:语境识词4500

Different shapes and forms are everywhere. Boxes and street signs are square or rectangular. Balls and wheels are round. The sun and moon are round. Wedding rings are round. Eggs and light bulbs are almost round. Pyramids and arrow tips are triangula

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

By Steve Herman New Delhi 05 March 2007 In India - the world's second most populous nation (after China) - there is a shortage of girls. A large part of the problem is a perception that girls are a financial burden. This preference for boys has led

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(三月)

There is still a month left before most children go back to school, and for some kids that means another whole month of afternoon bike rides. Here is a commentary about three of them. They live in Katie Davis' neighborhood of Washington DC. Three boy

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年NPR美国国家公共电台

Commentator Gwen Macsai is the mother of 2 boys and she has no idea how to prepare her sons for the craziness of girls. My sons have a total of 4 emotional gears: happy, sad, mad and hungry. My daughters emotional landscape, on the other hand, is lik

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

By Jordan Davis Dakar, Senegal 23 October 2006 Muslims around the world are celebrating the end of the holy month of Ramadan. In the village of Ngor, in the northern Dakar suburbs, the celebrations mean a new wardrobe for many. In a small, dark wood

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十月)

Follow Your Arrow - Kacey Musgraves If you save yourself for marriage You're a bore If you don't save yourself for marriage You're a whore-able person If you won't have a drink Then you're a prude But they'll call you a drunk As soon as you down the

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 舞曲狂欢

A report by a British charity says there has been a sharp decline in the number of young girls to boys in some parts of India in the last five years. Anjana Pasricha reports from New Delhi, the cultural preference for sons has led to a skewed ratio

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(六月)

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: Going to talk now to an author of fantasy novels who has been beloved for so long that both our books editor and producer - 12 years of age apart - kept her books in their school lockers. Young adult novelist Tamora Pierce is one o

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

'Audrie Daisy' Explores Social Media Shaming After Sexual Assaults play pause stop mute unmute max volume 00:0008:00repeat repeat off Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Fla

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: A bar in Washington, D.C., has found a way to combine two holiday season staples, cocktails and cookies. NPR's Neda Ulaby visited the birthplace of the cookie dough cocktail. NEDA ULABY, BYLINE: Even in a season spiked with boozy s

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

AILSA CHANG, HOST: On a Sunday night in Washington, D.C., a white-haired grandmother is warming up for her set at a local dive bar. ALICE DONAHUE: (Playing piano). You know what that is? Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer (laughter). CHANG: This is A

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

'I Feel Pretty Good': A Moment With Brian Wilson play pause stop mute unmute max volume 00:0007:16repeat repeat off Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin. SCOTT S

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

Lenny: Wait a second. Where is my wallet? Anita: Its not in your back pocket? Lenny: No, its in none of my pockets. My pockets been picked! Anita: It must have happened when our attention was diverted by those boys fighting over there. Lenny: I shoul

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

歌词: Some nights, I stay up cashing in my bad luck Some nights, I call it a draw Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a castle Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off But I still wake up, I still see your ghost Oh Lord, I'm still not su

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(176) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

歌词: Some nights, I stay up cashing in my bad luck Some nights, I call it a draw Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a castle Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off But I still wake up, I still see your ghost Oh Lord, I'm still not su

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(140) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲