Welcome back Business Skills 360 the podcast that looks at the other side of Business English. This is the second part of our series on effective presentations. Last week, we talked about keeping it short, simple, engaging, and real. Much of that hap

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语演讲课

In the first two ESL lessons (BEP 59 BEP 60) in this three-part series on persuasion, we saw how getting your audiences attention and demonstrating a clear need were essential to the persuasive process. We learned that in the indirect method of persu

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语演讲课

Nobel Prize Acceptance Speech 获诺贝尔文学奖致辞 Delivered on Dec. 10, 1954 发表于1954年12月10日 No writer who knows the great writers who did not receive the Prize can accept it other than with humility. There is no need to list these

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 世界上最伟大的演讲

IN THE NEWS - Barack Obama Begins 2nd Term as President 新闻报道 - 奥巴马开始总统第二任期 From VOA Learning English, this is IN THE NEWS in Special English. 这里是美国之音慢速英语新闻报道。 This week, Barack Obama began

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Keeping up the economic pressure on Iran after the US pulled out of the Iran nuclear deal is expected to be a major focus of US speeches, meetings and diplomatic efforts behind the scenes at the UN General Assembly in New York this week. 美国会继续

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(九月)

Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi says China will provide the world with more Chinese opportunities in development as it is embracing a new round of comprehensive reforms. He said during the World Economic Forum (WEF) annual meetings that China's new

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2014CRI中国国际广播电台

I could never had imagined what I would achieve through football. 我永远都无法想象我在足球方面能取得多大的成就。 I owe my life everything I have to football. My life in football began with my granddad, Joe, who took me to my fi

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

Hi, everybody. On behalf of all the Obamas Michelle, Malia, Sasha, Bo, and the newest member of our family, Sunny I want to wish you a happy and healthy Thanksgiving. 大家好!我代表我们家所有人米歇尔、玛利亚、萨莎、波尔以及新

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统演讲视频

奥巴马在北卡罗来纳州穆尔斯维尔(Mooresville)的一所中学发表演讲时问道:我们的国家希望人们在喝咖啡有免费的Wi-Fi,为什么学校就不能拥有这样的服务?

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲视频

Shall we resort to entreaty and humble supplication? 难道我们要祈求和卑下地哀求吗? What terms shall we find which have not been already exhausted? 我们还有什么没有穷尽的办法吗? Let us not, I beseech you, deceive oursel

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第六册

259. Madison's Reasons for War, 1812. 259.麦迪逊的战争理由(1812年) In his message Madison stated the grounds for complaint against the British as follows: (1) they impressed American seamen; 麦迪逊在演讲中给出如下与英国人结

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生历史

Perhaps we'll never know what tipped the scales for those young men who did that terrible thing at the Boston Marathon 也许我们永远不会得知是什么 让那些年轻人决定在波士顿马拉松赛上做出如此可怕的事情 Perhaps we w

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

America does not simply stand for stability or the absence of conflict no matter what the cost 美国并非希望不择手段 追求稳定与和平 We stand for the more lasting peace that can only come through opportunity and freedom for people ever

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. Throughout the past week, Americans anxiously watched weather conditions in the Gulf Coast region. The people of Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas were well prepared for Hurricane Gustav -- and the coordination

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统电台演说

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. Before they left Washington for their August recess, Congress failed to take action on an issue that is currently of great concern to Americans: high prices at the gas pump. The fundamental reason for high gasoline price

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统电台演说

Thats not an option people. Steak or fish. 各位没有这个选项,牛排或者鱼肉。 You may not like steak or fish, but thats your choice. 你可能不喜欢牛排或者鱼肉,但你只有这俩选项。 Meanwhile, some candidates arent pol

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美名人演讲

Since the HeForShe launch in New York last September, 自9月份HeForShe在纽约发起以来, I think it would be fair to say that my colleagues and I have been stunned by the response. 我觉得,说句实话,我和我的同事们被大家的回

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美名人演讲

Take a look(Show photos over the years). Here we are in 2008. 请看(上台这些年来的照片)。这是我俩在2008年。 Here we are a few years later. 这是我俩几年之后。 And this one is from two weeks ago(Skelton photo from Canada

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美名人演讲

You cant say it, but you know it is true. 你们不会这么说,但你们知道这是真的。 Good evening everybody. 大家晚上好。 It is an honor to be here at my last, and perhaps the last White House correspondents dinner. 很高兴来到我

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美名人演讲

10.Keep Your Dreams 10.执着于你的梦想 All of this happened because of my dreams, even though other people told me that those dreams were bogus and they were crazy, but I held onto my dreams. 这一切的实现都是因为我的梦想,即使别

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 历史英雄名人演讲