Republicans and Democrats in Congress are reacting to President Barack Obama's speech, in which he warned Americans that the economy faces a dire day of reckoning, but one the country can recover from. 美国国会共和、民主两党议员对奥巴马

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年2月

Weekly Address: President Obama Calls on Congress to Enact Reforms to Stop a Potential Corporate Takeover of Our Elections 奥巴马每周电视讲话:奥巴马总统号召国会通过改革法案终止潜在公司团体操纵我们的选举【注1】

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

Weekly Address: Good News from the Auto Industry 【2010年4月24日】奥巴马每周电视讲话:来自汽车工业的好消息 As the auto industry and financial markets begin to stabilize, the President says the governments emergency interventi

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

这篇论说文的主题句是Science impinges upon ethics in at least five different ways.作者分别从四个方面来说明这一主题思想,逻辑清晰、层次分明,读后让人一目了然。 翻译英语论说文,应注意以下几点

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 北外翻译笔记

5月5日,奥巴马总统在俄亥俄州州立大学出席2013届学生的毕业典礼,不过他的讲话并非劝学生们好好学习天天向上,而是鼓励他们勇敢发出自己的声音。演讲的核心是公民意识,奥巴马在讲话

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲视频

For as much as government can do and must do, it is ultimately the faith and determination of the American people upon which this nation relies. It is the kindness to take in a stranger when the levees break, the selflessness of workers who would rat

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

What I remember above all about Harvard was being in the midst of so much energy and intelligence. It could be exhilarating, intimidating, sometimes even discouraging, but always challenging. It was an amazing privilege, and though I left early, I wa

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

And I think what I'm trying to say to you is that each and every one of you can make a difference. So as you study and as you become smarter, and as you become richer, think about these millions of people that need your help. Now, you maybe ask yours

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

And then last September came an event that would change us. An actor friend said to me: What are we doing? What are we doing? Is it important? Is it even important what I do? And what of a night like tonight, should we celebrate the joy and magic the

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

And because I had been on the squad in high school, earnest full-throated cheerleading was my specialty so that's what I did. But now, I feel like I know about 1/16 of what that young woman knew. Things don't seem as certain today. Now I'm 60. I have

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

This is a huge deal because as people in the movie business know the absolute hardest thing in the whole world is to persuade a straight male audience to identify with a woman protagonist to feel themselves embodied by her. This, more than any other

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

奥巴马总统在获知卡扎菲死亡后发表讲话 THE PRESIDENT: Good afternoon, everybody. Today, the government of Libya announced the death of Muammar Qaddafi. This marks the end of a long and painful chapter for the people of Libya, who now

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统演讲视频

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Good afternoon, everybody. I want to begin by thanking my friend, President Sarkozy, for his leadership and his hospitality. And I want to thank the people of Cannes for this extraordinary setting. Over the past two years, those of u

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统演讲视频

John Roberts: Please raise your right hand and repeat after me. (美国最高法院首席大法官)John Roberts:请举起你的右手,随我一起宣誓。 I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office o

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统演讲视频

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning, everybody. I've just been briefed by my national security team, including FBI Director Mueller, Attorney General Holder, Secretary Napolitano, and my Counterterrorism and Homeland Security Advisor Lisa Monaco, on the atta

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统演讲视频

THE PRESIDENT: Hi everybody. This weekend, as you gather with family and friends, Michelle and I want to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holidays. THE FIRST LADY: We both love this time of year. And there's nothing quite like celebrating the h

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统演讲视频

James Cameron演讲中谈及自己从小就喜欢奇幻体验的背景以及这一切如何转变成成功的巨片的过程。好奇心是动力,想象力是工具,与团队的互相尊重是宝藏,不要限制自己,勇于冒险才能成就自

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲视频

【课堂复习】 首先,let's have a review。我们说振作精神抖擞精神控制情绪冷静下来振作起来,地道美语可以这么说:Get a grip!Take a grip!Take a hold of oneself!Pull together!Pull oneself up by one's own bootstrap

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语早间课堂

And I looked at her. Where am I sitting? Ma'am, I'm in first class And this was the first time I had flown in first class. 我看着她 我在哪坐 女士 我可是坐头等舱这是我平生第一次坐头等舱 And they have seats in first class t

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲