By Amy Katz Washington, DC 28 April 2006 watch Caffeine report Two recently released medical studies show that caffeine is not harmful to the heart. The two long-term studies of coffee drinking habits

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(四月)

Hi, I'm Bruce Marshall, fashion designer and Emmy Award nominated costume designer, here to show you how you might want to dress for an office Christmas party. Now, some things to think about, now when you're having an office Christmas party, that do

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2010年

AS IT IS 2013-05-01African Elephants, The Information Revolution and Nigeria's Safe Water From VOA LEARNING ENGLISH, welcome to As It Is! Hello, Im Steve Ember. Today on our program: African elephants facing their worst crisis in yearsa revolution in

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(五)月

美国很多居民小区都设有小区委员会,别看编制不大,权力可不小。我有个朋友Amy,她家的小区委员会管得就特别宽,从各家各户房子的颜色到院子护栏的风格,都要经过审查。Amy最近想架个

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

Alcohol abuse remains one of the most serious problems on college campuses.Many schools have responded with anti-drinking campaigns and treatment programs. One college in Maine is trying an unusual approach and attempt to teach students the art of mo

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

We know that people will go very far in the search for more energy and a lot of that time it means pouring in the caffeine. But can too much caffeine too fast be deadly? Tonight the FDA is looking into reports of more than a dozen people whose deaths

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2012年

Unit 96 A Glimpse of US Students' Social Life Fun and Alcoholic The unstated purpose of most American students' social life is to have fun. For them, social life entails going somewhere outside their house or apartment and doing something, such as dr

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语流行话题阅读:语境识词4500

What Is The Equation For A Happy, Healthy Teen? Teenagers are often a difficult bunch. With all those hormones flooding their bodies, they can be moody, unpredictable, and prone to making dubious choices. But however turbulent their teenage years, ki

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

彭博社网站:目前,最有效的抗击埃博拉病毒的方法只有一个:大量喝水。 埃博拉蔓延时代多喝水有了新意义 Bloomberg.com: The best medical advice for surviving Ebola right now might fit in one word: drink. With

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 双语趣听精彩世界

I might have been a singer Who sailed around the world A gambler who wins millions And spent it all on girls I might have been a poet Who walked upon the moon A scientist who would tell the world I discovered something new I might have loved a king

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

情景对话: Caroline: It was an accident. I swear. I love fish. I would never hurt one. 我发誓这是意外,我超爱鱼,我永远不会伤害它们。 知识点讲解: It was an accident. 那是个意外/我不是故意的。 【例句一】

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

Bottle Museum Showcases Centuries-Old Handmade Glass Bottles 玻璃瓶博物馆展出历史悠久的手工玻璃瓶 BALLSTON SPA, NEW YORK Until the beginning of the 20th century, glass bottles - for pharmacies, breweries, and dairy farms - were all

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(一月)

Eat, But Dont Drink Up Well. In a recent study on nutrition , participants spent one month drinking a sugary beverage , and another month eating a solid , sugary food. Anyway the researchers monitored the participants weight and eating habits. It tur

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Can Men Handle Alcohol Better than Women? 男性酒量比女性好吗? Some men brag that they can handle alcohol better than women. Can there be some truth to that? 引导语:许多男性吹嘘说他们比女性更能掌握酒量。有事实能证

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

How Insects Drink? 昆虫是怎样喝水的? A: I was sitting on my Porsche yesterday,having a soda, and a wasp picked its head into the can and drink from my soda.For the sugar i konw that's why i drink soda.But the Garmin wondering about how di

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Under normal circumstances, each of your brain cells allows various substances, such as sodium, calcium and potassium to permeate its outer cell membrane. Once inside the brain cell, these substances help give the cell stimulus it needs to function p

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

DC Businesses Provide Freebies for Furloughed Government Workers WASHINGTON The U.S. Government shutdown rolls on. Lawmakers have yet to reach common ground, and that means that nearly 800,000 government workers throughout the country stay home. Nowh

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十月)

As Englands fans nervously keep their fingers crossed ahead of tomorrows game, retailers are also hoping for good results, because the better England do in the World Cup, the more cash we'll spend. Well, its like another Christmas, the mini Christmas

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

【俚语】 Eat soup 喝汤 【例句】 He is eating a bowl of soup with a spoon. 他正在用一只勺子喝汤。 Drink soup 喝汤 【例句】 I drank a cup of soup this morning because I was in a hurry. 今天早上比较匆忙,我就喝了一

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说